cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change address (in Montreal) in personal information

CharlesW
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I found the location to change my address but when I type my address in Montreal no matches showed up. I tried finding what streets they have in Montreal and they only have two streets called Montreal in ON :

CharlesW_0-1719959763618.png

When trying to save with my actual address get an "invalid address":

CharlesW_0-1719960053850.png

Please advise.

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5

Joe_G
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You are typing the wrong thing in that box. That box is expecting a street address, not a city. Try typing your street address in that box beginning with the house number then street name. It should then find your city, province and postal code.

It does matter to those who can deduct the cost of the cell plan on their taxes.  It looks a lot more official to the CRA if you have a correct address.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@CharlesW , attempting to update address has got to be the most frustrating thing ever.   From what I can tell, the system uses a location service to serve up an address on the database that matches your entry.  It will not ever accept your entry even if it's a perfect match.  The big problem is the location service seems to not give a confirmed address.  I have only ever had success with updating the address is by using the app with location permission enabled.  Even then it took an umpteen number of tries.  Don't give up, it will eventually work. You will know that it's working when the location service provides a pop up matching address that you can select. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Address does not matter to PM nor you are charged based on your address so you can have anything there.

Your taxes are based on area code you select for your number.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@CharlesW 

do you live in a new area and a new address?  Can you search your address on Google?  PM uses Google for address and it has trouble with some very recent new addresses

But honest, PM is prepaid and do not do address check, you can use any address (like your office's, your parent's) instead.  Just make sure you remember what address you used in case you need to open ticket with PM and asked that for validation

Not sure if PM support can manually add an address , but you can check with them

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Login" and finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.