cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number after unsubscription

Thush123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello all, I have unsubscribed from a plan as I'm travelling out of the country and not planning to use the number for a few months. My current subscription ends on Aug 15th. How long will my phone number remain active (after Aug 15th) without a valid subscription?

2 REPLIES 2

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Thush123 

The other option to keep your existing number while you are aboard is to switch to the $19 plan ( lowest priced plan for existing members). As long as you are paying a monthly plan you will be good when you return. 

If you decide to unsubscribe while you are abroad. I would suggest you subscribe on the 88th day by making a manual payment by dialing 611 or 1-855-4PUBLIC or login to your account or the app. 

Once it passes 90 days, your number will be returned to the carrier you got the number from, the SIM will no longer work and your account will be closed.

maurelle
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Thush123 wrote:

Hello all, I have unsubscribed from a plan as I'm travelling out of the country and not planning to use the number for a few months. My current subscription ends on Aug 15th. How long will my phone number remain active (after Aug 15th) without a valid subscription?

Your account can be in suspended state for 89 days. It will be closed and your number lost on day 90 after a failed renewal.

Don't leave reactivation to the last day - I usually reactivate on day 85 to have a buffer if there are any problems that need CSA intervention.

So if you just paid for a 30 day plan today (yesterday, if you're not out west...) you should reactivate around November 9. The account and number will be canceled on November 13.

Need Help? Let's chat.