cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working

rosiegallagher
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently switched from a UK sim and an PhoneBox Esim, I have now got a public mobile sim and transferred the number however I can’t receive texts or calls. My data isn’t showing 4G only LTE and works poorly. 

4 REPLIES 4

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@rosiegallagher 

How did you transfer your phone box phone number? According to the info I have gathered there is a specific process for phonebox ports. Did you contact them with pre-authorization of your port and recieve your account # via email from phonebox? The next step is to contact pm customer support to give them the account # so that they can contact phonebox and request porting on your behalf.

See this post for the entire process....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Re-SIM-Swap-Fraud/td-p/831257

Lol....don't mind the title it's a tagging workaround for me!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@rosiegallagher 

4G LTE is the same thing. Depending on your phone it will show one or the other as the connected network. Try rebooting your phone. Toggle airplane mode on/off. You could just  have a poor connection to the network for your data issue. Usually incoming texting isn't affected by an incomplete port only incoming calls. What kind of phone do you have? An iPhone?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@rosiegallagher 

Your will need to go to your PhoneBox eSIM and wait for a text confirming you are porting over to PM…there will be a 90 minute for you to reply.

If you missed this step, contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process for you through SIMon Chatbot below or private message them on the envelope icon above.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@rosiegallagher 

you requested porting in the number.  A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card and can only make outgoing calls,  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox.  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.