cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not receiving

TedMajkot
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone was not receiving calls from cell phones.  I tried to submit a ticket but it would not accept it.  I was allowed to make a private message, what a waste of time.  Agents kept telling me that they were there to help but I didn't get any help. I tried various fixes and anything that was suggested without success.  It became apparent to me that the issue was my sim card.  I suggested that to them.  After almost two weeks of no service and no help I switched to FIDO for a similar cost and people I could talk to.  Guess what, new sim card and my phone is working. I thought Public Mobile was okay and I knew they did not provide much service but I didn't realize service was non-existent.  I also found out that other people have had the same problem I did.  Why couldn't Public deal with a known problem, well that's a big question isn't it!

Bye bye Public, don't look for a recommendation from me. 

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@TedMajkot 

Are you replying to the CSA? Anyhow you resolved your issue by switching providers. To each their own....public mobile isn't for everybody.

TedMajkot

You emailed me to see if you fixed the problem, you did not, I could not get a solution from you.  Early on I indicated that I believed it was the SIM card which would be a simple fix.  You never replied to that or did anything.  I have switched to another provider, put in their SIM card and surprise, my problems are gone.  Your service is a joke and I will never recommend Public to anyone.

ChrisB78

If you're using an Android device.

Go to settings,  connections, and mobile networks,

choose Network operators and then  unselect the the select automatically option.

Then choose "Selected a network manually"

Your device will scan for mobile networks. You will see several for public mobile and choose Public Mobile or Telus - EXT1.

This is common if you were using a version of an Android device that is not North American.

Hope this fixes your problem I run into us all the time with other people's phones.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@TedMajkot 

SIM cards do need reprovisioning sometimes....but this is not a problem isolated to pm it happens at all providers. You just read about it here as seemingly a common problem because this is the first form of contact for customer support so its like hearing every customer's call to customer support. You dint have that privilege of being in the know of customer issues. Other provider's community's will carefully cover up negative issues by asking the customer to reply to an agent in private messaging so the issue is kept under wraps....along with any solution. Fido has one if the worst community help forums I have ever dealt with....thus the reason the bf's number was ported out of fido and they can go "do stuff" to themselves. Enjoy your new best friend.

@softech 

yeah i saw that after read the other poster for OP.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@TedMajkot   you made 2 posts today just to tell us your experience.  thanks

But you should have joined the Community earlier and ask the community for help.  Maybe we can help more if you post your experience earlier.

but again, thanks for sharing your experience

@Timer   slow down, read the message before you answer,  OP wasn't not asking how to contact PM Support, he did that and already gone to Fido

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@TedMajkot 

contact to support team by private message CS_Agent 

Need Help? Let's chat.