cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone going to voicemail

KathyS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My new account (on iPhone 6) goes straight to voicemail. I have recently transferred from Freedom Mobile but it is now over 24 hours. Also, the voicemail it goes to is the Freedom one!

8 REPLIES 8

@elbayaua wrote:

I missed the 90minutes to send YES

@elbayaua no worry, there is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

elbayaua
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I missed the 90minutes to send YES

chansimons2007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@KathyS that just happened to me, but on a Samsung. This is what I did for troubleshooting. Move to the next step as needed:

Complete power off and power on (not restart)

Reset Network settings

Take sim card out, leave out an put back in

Put sim card in another phone (old phone) and see if services work there, if so put back into your phone

Call old service provider to check if porting was successful to PM

Call PM Porting team (I can send to you)

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@KathyS 

To re-initiate the port, click here: Port retry

Then make sure to place your prior provider SIM card in device, await text for port authorization, reply "YES", then replace with your newly activated Public Mobile SIM card.

Reboot your device, and you should be good to go.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@KathyS - did you approve the port by responding to the SMS text on your Freedom SIM card within 90 mins of activation?

If yes, try restarting your phone.

If no, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help to complete the port; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

You need your freedom SIM card.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@KathyS 

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card and can only make outgoing calls,  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox.  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@KathyS  Additional info on porting 

When transferring (porting) your number to any new carrier it’s important to remember to leave the old providers SIM card in the phone until you receive the confirmation text from old carrier @that point you have 90 mins to reply YES to the confirmation text … also when going thru this process the new provider will want you old providers account number and will ask for IMEI number disregard this (IMEI) number as it has a tendency to just cos porting hiccups .. so if your ready to port to pm and already activated a SIM card you can go to your self serve serve profile tab and change /transfer (port) number this can also be done on activation but it’s advised to pick a temp number first then port 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@KathyS  Sounds like it stuck in port you still have freedom SIM card I’ll send you port team number private message 

Need Help? Let's chat.