cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone doesn't work

Linda-2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I just paid $20 into my account to pay for US talk/text/data. Texting works but I can't call anyone. 

My account does not show the plan add-on but it does show I paid the $20 for it. Ideas? I have an iPhone XR.

I don't know if it's connected, but after paying for the add-on, I changed my plan from $50/month to $15/month - effective July 20, almost 2 weeks from now. I added funds for that too. Any help to get phone access is appreciated!

16 REPLIES 16

Linda-2

It was talk/text/data so maybe that 24 hour waiting period was the problem yesterday. I'll keep that in mind for next time. Luckily, the PM-CSR opened up access to that add-on yesterday afternoon. Thanks much! 

Was the last add-on talk or talk/text or talk/text/data? I suspect one of the first two as you wouldn't've been able to buy the same one without waiting up to 24 hours after the add-on expires. And you're right to keep track of the actual time of day you bought the add-ons as they are exactly 240 hours.

Linda-2

My last add-on expired this morning at 8:30 AM central time. I paid for the next ad on a couple of hours later. I generally don’t  overlap add-on’s since they start immediately. I contacted the PM CSR but he hasn’t found a solution yet. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It may just be coincidental with all the 3G shutting going on. That's why the idea of trying 2G only on the phone with T-Mobile.

But if you've been buying add-ons over and over, there's an overlap problem with talk add-ons. When did you last buy any talk add-on?

Linda-2

Yes, thank-you, I am using the add-on to talk/text in the US. I've been using that add-on every 10 days for about 6 weeks and it worked just fine until this morning. I reached out to a PM CSR & hope they can help. 

HI @Linda-2   you are trying to use the Talk in US?  have you try to connect to T-Mobile and change the network type to 2G ?

Linda-2

Thanks, I just rebooted my iPhone and still can't make or receive calls. Thanks for the link so I can contact a CSR agent. Thanks everyone! 

Sounds like you haven't successfully purchased the desired add-on. Look in Available Funds to make sure you have enough $$ for the add-on...then go back and actually "purchase" the add-on you want.

Remember that the 10 Day US Roaming add-ons only work for 240 hours after you purchase...so plan accordingly.

It definitely looks like you bought it. You seem to have done everything right. Can you manually connect to T-Mobile and maybe even force it to 2G. But for them to not be showing anywhere is bothersome. No don't buy another one other than data. You've contacted the support people by now right?

I wonder if using the lost/stolen would kick roaming add-ons. The side-effect is that the old rewards would not pay in on your next renewal if you're on the old rewards system. I don't know about points.

Maybe also try going in and out of airplane mode. But that wouldn't magically make the add-ons appear. Can you try another browser or device or use incognito mode.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Based on your screenshots and explanation everything looks in order.

Did you try to reboot your phone?

Since US add-on counter starts immediately when you purchase it, while waiting for further suggestions contact agent to confirm your add-on is in order.

To contact CSA-agent, there are 2 methods:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

If ticketing does not work very first time, contact agent directly.

Linda-2

Thanks, the plan details do not show the add-on, but the payment page (shown above) shows PM did deduct $20 for that add-on. Still can't use the phone & don't want to be charged twice for the add-on.

There is good news in that the plan details confirm my requested plan change is pending: 

Future Dated Plan Changes - Your base Plan will switch to 30-day plan ( $15 ) on Jul 20, 2022

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Linda-2...log in to your account and click Plan Details....you should see mention of your add-on here if it was successfully purchased.

hairbag1_0-1657165973603.jpeg

Linda-2

Addn'l info...  the add-ons screen shows my account has no add-ons. I didn't want to order the add-on again on the chance that I'd be charged twice. Thx

Linda-2

Yes thanks, I added $20 to my account and then purchased the add-on. The $20 was applied to the add-on as per my payment history.  Not sure if you can view this, but I copied the payment history which shows I added $20 to my account ($15 + $5 credits) and $20 was then debited towards US Roaming - Talk Text 250 Data (10-day).  It's interesting that texting works but I get this message when I try to call: "Your call cannot be completed, you've used all available minutes."

Date

Transaction Type

Credit (Payments)

Debit (Charges)

Balance

Jul 7, 2022

Credit or Visa Debit Top-Up / Réapprov. crédit ou Visa Débit

$15.00

$15.00 

Jul 7, 2022

US Roaming - Talk Text 250 Data (10-day) / Itinérance aux É.-U. - Appels + textos + 250 Mo (10-jours)

$20.00

$0.00 

Jul 7, 2022

$5.00

$20.00 

Jul 7, 2022

$15.00

$15.00 

<< 

[1]

>> 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Linda-2 Hi buying an add on is two step process you have your funds in your account already now go back in and purchase your add on

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If you fully bought the add-on then you would see the data part under my data & add-ons. But if you have at least the amount you put in as balance then you need to go back to purchase add-ons and actually buy the add-on.

So is that balance $35?

Need Help? Let's chat.