cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone complete ringing cycle before goes to VM

Mavi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No longer goes straight to VM when phone is off or not reachable. It goes to VM after completing the ringing cycle. Same thing happens on my wife phone. I spoke with PM tech team. They issue the ticket and said this is new thing on 5 g network ( that's how it suppose to work). Tech said now PM has 2 networks. In future they will merge into one network, then it wil go direct to VM if phone is not reachable. I don't believe in them. I have posted many suggestions here before but no help. It's so frustrating. Is there a way I can talk to senior technician or else I am filing the complaint to CCTS. @PMmembers

3 REPLIES 3

Mavi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@eddieO If someone is trying to call me when my phone is off or not reachable it should go instantly to VM without ringing. Reason being is, so the person knows my phone is off or not reachable. Now in this case, he or she thinks I got his or her missed call and expecting call back from me. But I haven't received any missed call because my phone was turned off or not reachable. They don't even try to call me back because they think I got the missed call and expecting call back from me. I used to have argue with my wife ( not answering my phone and calling me back after getting missed call) until I figure out I have the same issue. If the phone is turned off or not reachable, I should try to call again after some time( if goes straight to VM). If I realized they got my missed call then I am expecting call back from them. 

It's a big issue, I do not understand why nobody is taking it seriously. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Mavi 

honest, I don't think filing a complaint would help. It is just a feature design/satisfaction issue, not something they can help

best to continue working with support agent.  If it is really a technical setup, I don't think much you can do.

And we are just customers here, so, to escalate, you need to go back to your support message with agent and ask them to escalate with Telus technician. 

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Mavi, I just turned off my cell and tried calling it from another phone and can confirm it did the same thing for me, I can hear the rings happening before voicemail picks up but I'm not sure why this is a problem? It's behaving as if the phone is turned on so whoever is calling does not know if the phone is on or off but I don't understand why this would be important?

If you wanted to get a senior technician you will need to contact a CS agent and ask them to escalate to issue, everything at Public Mobile is all done online through chat

Need Help? Let's chat.