cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone calls not going though when wifi is on

cynderella
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi,
Recently noticed that phone calls are coming though to my phone when wifi is connected/turned on. Hoping someone in community have had the same issue and found a solution.

Thanks!
12 REPLIES 12

cynderella

@sheytoon Don't see that either. 

This phone didn't come from any phone carrier. It was actually won in a draw at the Samsung store so it's completely unlocked. 

One more suggestion. I found this online, see if it helps.

1. Touch Apps from the Home screen.
  2. Touch Settings.
  3. Scroll to Connections, then touch More connection settings.
  4. Touch Wi-Fi calling to configure settings/options.
  5. Disable Wi-Fi calling.

Just out of curiosity, was this phone bought from Bell originally? I didn't think Telus sold this phone. 

cynderella

@srlawren@sheytoon Thanks guys for the suggestions. We have both tried looking for this setting and it's not one that his phone has, so I'm guessing that isn't the issue either... Any other settings we could try apart from turning wifi off during sleep? 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cynderella looks like @sheytoon and I are on the same page.  When you get a moment to try that setting, we'd love to know if the issue is resolved?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

@cynderella

I am suspecting Wi-Fi calling as well. Can you disable Wi-Fi calling in your phone's dialer? See here (instructions are for enabling, but just disable it instead):

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/wireless/wi-fi-calling/2225

Phone dialer > more > settings > Wi-Fi calling > OFF

cynderella

@srlawren the old carrier was Telus. I have no idea about wifi calling as I was never in a situation where I needed to. I will pass on the message. Are there any other solutions apart from this setting?

srlawren
@cynderella is it possible the previous carrier supported WiFi calling? That was mentioned in the article, too. I think the situation probably fits....

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

cynderella

@srlawren I've seen that around on the internet too but I don't think it would work since he has used this phone before with a different carrier. This issue only started happening when he switched to Public 😕

srlawren

@cynderella if you google "galaxy s6 eduge unable to recieve calls when wifi connected" you will see several troubleshooting guides for the issue.  I personally think this one may be most relevant, since it's from a Koodo customer:

https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/fix-samsung-galaxy-s6-not-receiving-calls-on-android-....  The resolution appears to be:

Settings -- > Wifi -- > MORE -- > Advanced -- > "Keep Wi-Fi on during Sleep = Never"
I also have "Network notification" and "Always allow scanning" enabled.

cynderella
@Raven_Jet
Model of phone: Samsung Galaxy s6 edge plus
This is actually an issue on a second line so I only noticed today when I called but my boyfriend says it's been happening pretty much since he switched over in November. I noticed the problem when I called him today

srlawren

@cynderella I think @Raven_Jet's questions are quite pretinent. Could you please provide those details so we can try to figure out what might be going on?

Raven_Jet
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Can you let us know what phone manufacturer and model it is?  

Did you have this problem before?

When did it start if it wasn't like this before? 

How did you notice this problem?

Need Help? Let's chat.