cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you are an owner of Oneplus 3/T and have no cellular data network access ...

apearse
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi folks, Oneplus released the official Nougat release on the 31st of December (Android 7 / OxygenOS version 4) . This is great news but it may have a side effect that it removes your APN settings as it did for me leaving you no data access over PM's cellular network. 

You can find the required APN settings from the solutions page here:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Data-Settings/m-p/16994#M5146

Enjoy!

Adam

12 REPLIES 12

apearse

@gowthibunti5555, did you upgrade from a pre 4.x version to 4.0.2 directly? Is there anything listed under Settings>SIM & network>SIM 1 (SIM 1)>Access Point Names ?

gowthibunti5555
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my device was upgraded to 4.2 and yet i had no option for mobile networks or APN settings. Can anyone help me please

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@apearse no, thank YOU for starting a new thread for this to help with visibility if people are struggling after upgrading.  Much appreciated!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

apearse

Love when bugs only affect certain people and not others but this is why we have a community such as PMs. Great to have insight from multiple angles in a judgement-free atmosphere. Thanks again @srlawren

srlawren

@apearse love mine too!  Actually if you combed through the 300 or so pages of the official 4.0 announcement thread (yep, it's massive) there are many, many people complaining they lost data connectivity and the resolution for each was to manually add their APN back in.  It was a very common issue, and I saw several carriers both in Canada and elsewhere affected.

That said, I have no idea why I didn't have the issue.  After reading that and a few threads here, I was fully prepared to run into that when I installed the 4.0 update, but as soon as it rebooted it immediately found the PM network and no APN configuration was required.  I don't know what the difference was!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

apearse

Interesting ... my list was blank which was the dead give away for me that I needed an APN. Wonder why you had any and I had none, in any case, glad they fixed it! Funny enough there was very little on the Oneplus support forums (I found one) regarding the issue. Great phone btw, and highly recommend it if anyone is looking for solid top end-ish phone for 600 bucks! Love the dual sim for travelling.

srlawren

@apearse oh, I see what you mean!  I hadn't gone into APN settings after 4.0.1 but now I see the same list.  I think on 4.0 it was only showing 2 or 3 APNs.

apearse

My APN list was empty with the one exception of the manually added APN I created prior to 4.01. After the update, under Settings>SIM & network>SIM 1 (SIM 1)>Access Point Names has 5 new APNs, plus the one I manually created. They are:

Clearnet

Koodo SP

Public Mobile (the one I created manually before 4.01 upgrade)

Public Mobile

Telus SP

Telus SP Tether

srlawren

@apearse that's great news!  How did you determine that, out of curiosity?

apearse

Ok, just checked after the 4.01 update and they did include a number of new APN's including PM's so if you don't to manually add the settings, just upgrade to 4.01 and you should be set!

apearse

Yeah I see the upgrade, should have tried that first before manually adding it, would have confirmed if PM was included in the "selected carriers". I would have caught that the day it happened if I wasn't home on wi-fi since the start of the year. Yes, today was the first day out of the house where I checked my phone, it was a great holiday 🙂

srlawren

Thanks for sharing @apearse.  FYI 4.0.1 came out yesterday, and in the change log it lists that for some carriers the APN issue is fixed.  I'm not sure if PM is included or not but hopefully.  So for anyone with a 3 or 3T that hasn't yet upgraded to Nougat, please try to get 4.0.1 instead of 4.0 if you can.

Need Help? Let's chat.