cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No Service??? 5 Days

sirkdub
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Mod please help!! My Public Mobile service has been working perfectly since activation, but all of a sudden starting late last evening the signal is gone. The status bar keeps "Searching" for signal. I have done no changes at all to my phone. It just happened all of a sudden on it's own. I have tried powering off and on my iPhone 6 and also tried resetting the network settings on the phone but no luck.  Please help as i can't make and receive any calls or text or data. My phone has absolutely NO SERVICE right now. 

16 REPLIES 16

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sirkdub thanks for the update, I'm glad you're getting the phone replaced.  Interestingly, you're the second person I've heard of recently with an iPhone 6 that did this spontaneously--the other being @davibela over on this thread.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sirkdub

Hi everyone.  Thought I post an update. @Saray_O was able to help me check my account and everything was fine.  That really helped as i then knew it was not account related.  I tried the sim in another iPhone and it was fine so It turned out it's my iPhone that was defective. So very unfortunate it turned out to be a hardware issue, but luckily i'm trying to get it replaced from Apple at no cost through extended warranty.  Thanks everyone for all your efforst and trying to help. This community has such great energy and helpful resource.  Keep up the great work!!

srlawren

@sirkdub yes hopefully Saray can look for you today.  I think it's unlikely to be an account based issue since it's an intermittent issue--I think you would just get no service at all.  But it's good to rule out as many possibilities as possible.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sirkdub
@jaswest2754 @srlawren Thanks you two. I will try process of elimination and swap another sim in this phone and try putting the PM sim in another.

@Saray_O @Shazia_K if a mod could also help me check my account for any funny business that would be greatly appreciated to eliminate this possibility. I just find it weird that service has been working for almost two months without any issues and suddenly changes last night out me changing anything settings or usage activity.

jaswest2754
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Could possibly be a bad SIM or a faulty phone. Best way to check would be to put your SIM in a different phone and if the problem persists then it's the SIM if not then your phones having issues.

srlawren

@sirkdub there are a few possibilities:

1) SIM card could be defective.  You could try ordering a new one to see if that resolves it.  Or you could try your SIM card in another phone as I said, which would help confirm if it's the SIM if it's misbehaving in the other phone.

2) SIM card may not be making a consistent connection with the pins on your phone.  PM SIM cards seem to be a little on the thin side and this can happen.  Some people have added a little layer of tape on the back side of their SIM card or put in a little layer of paper to help make it thicker and make a more consistent connection.  Try this as your own risk, since you could have trouble removing the SIM later.

3) There was a community member that found their iPhone 6 had a hardware issue.  He was brave enough to open it up and discovered the antenna connection was lose.  Tightening it up resolved it for him.  I'm not sure I'd suggest this route but you could try taking your phone to an Apple store to get them to examine it, maybe?

EDIT: testing your SIM in another phone and/or testing another SIM in your phone can help narrow down where the issue is coming from

sirkdub
@srlawren yes I have power off and on multiple times. Last time I took out the sim and reinserted and followed with a power off and on reboot cycle. That seem to jump start it again with a signal. The problem now is that the signal doesn't not hold. The phone is hopping to no service to active service every few minutes which is very unusual as I'm using it in the same usual areas. I have also made NO CHANGES to my phone settings. Could it be something on my account that a mod needs to make active or a dying SIM card (never had this issue in my 15+ years)?

srlawren

@sirkdub you already have, this is it. 🙂 I moved it from the original thread.  

srlawren

@sirkdub if neither of those things help--do you have another unlocked (or locked to Telus/Koodo is fine) phone around you could try your PM SIM card in?  OR a SIM card from another provider you could try in your phone?

srlawren

@sirkdub okay this may seem dumb, but have you tried rebooting?

Another thing you can try is power off your phone, remove the SIM card, wait about 2-3 mins, then put the SIM card back in and power the phone back on.  Does that make any difference?

sirkdub
Thanks @srlawren
Where can I find this separate thread?

sirkdub
Looks like I spoke too soon. Still getting no service! Signal is acting weird. It is hopping from no service to service every few minutes. I'm using the phone in my usual areas and this has never happened before. Can a MOD Please help me check my account if there is anything funny as this suddenly happened last night and I made absolutely no changes to my phone and usual usage. Help please!

srlawren

Hi @sirkdub, I have moved your problem to it's own thread to increase visibility.  

@Saray_O can you please check @sirkdub's account to see if everything is active and properly allocated?

@Rockdaddy22 sorry I lost your replies when I moved this.  They should have come along but didn't. Edit: I managed to move each reply individually using the merge feature.  

sirkdub
Thanks @Rockdaddy22. Not sure if the mods got my private message or saw this on the community but it's working now. After I took out the sim and inserted back in and powering off and on it appears to have service again! Yea! This was weird encounter and I certainly hope it doesn't happen again. Thanks everyone for your help and support.

Rockdaddy22
I'll tag a mod to see if they can take a quick look at you account @sirkdub
@Shazia_K

Rockdaddy22
Have you tried your sim in a different unlocked phone, just to make sure?
Need Help? Let's chat.