cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone calling wrong numbers

Shmankersox
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This has happened several times now. I'm dialing correctly, and when I use other phones to call the same numbers, they work.

Also, can't seem to view comments on other posts here, it's not responding when I tap on posts.

20 REPLIES 20

@Shmankersox  Then please submit ticket with support to investigate. You can you this direct link 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Shmankersox

Ok that's slightly different than what my phone has, I think the closest I have to that is "reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth", but I'm not sure I want to go there if there's a chance that it's not my phone that's the problem.

Shmankersox

Oh lol sorry about that, I low-key forgot about that part of my question.

Ha. No kidding eh.

See, from my understanding, if Priority reports it, they should be able to investigate where that 611 call was routed to. I'm pretty sure it can be done. 

@Shmankersox 

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings. Tap RESET SETTINGS.

@Shmankersox wrote:

How does my browser have anything to do with it...?

Second part of your initial post: "Also, can't seem to view comments on other posts here, it's not responding when I tap on posts."

Yes I agree, that's the first time I've heard of such an effect. So I'll be the first to point you to support 🙂
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Can you call other Canadian numbers? You said you had one instance in Surrey. Others?
Wouldn't it be ironic if 1-778-580-4001 went somewhere else other than voicemail.
This has a distant possibility of being related to a recent problem with 611 where a customer got to some other place with a human and they attempted to extract personal information from the customer. The customer is a regular here and knew better.

Adding - lol @Chalupa_Batman - great minds. Then I saw your post.

Hey @Priority

Thought I'd tag you on this. I've seen a few folks make these comments. I wonder if this is what happened with you last night calling 611 ??

Shmankersox

I don't see an option for network reset, how do you mean? Android phone

Shmankersox

I have the US/Canada plan. This doesn't happen consistently with all numbers either- my parents live in the states and I've never had a problem calling them.

Shmankersox

It literally calls someone other than the number I dialed. I tried to call an outlet mall management office in California this morning and got an answering machine in French. When I used a landline calling the same number I got the outlet mall management office.

Recently I got a grumpy old man when I was trying to call a shop. Borrowed my friend's non-pm phone and got the shop.

@Shmankersox  Maybe try resetting network settings and see if it helps at all . This is strange one first time I’ve heard this issues 

Shmankersox

How does my browser have anything to do with it...?

Yes, it calls wrong numbers. I got a grumpy old man recently who was confused why I was calling him, when I was trying to call a shop. When I used my friend's phone (not PM) it worked.

Shmankersox

I've been with PM for several years.

Different service providers. Today I used a landline. And it's not only that I can't reach the number I want to call, it's that it calls a totally wrong number. Like today I tried to call an outlet mall in California and I got an answering machine in French. Recently in Portland I tried to call a violin shop and got some grumpy old man who was really confused why I was calling him. I didn't misdial either time, and when I called today from a landline I got through, no problem.

Since you are calling USA, did you actually buy USA long distance add-on?

Shmankersox

No, these are all numbers I'm calling for the first time. It has happened with:

A medical clinic in Surrey

A violin shop in Portland Oregon

An outlet mall management office in California

It has not happened with a saved contact, tho I usually just text with people so I suppose it could.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

What do you mean by "phone calling wrong numbers"? What happens when you dial the intended number?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Try using different browser. Try Incognito/private mode. Clear browser’s cache. Try forced refresh. Use computer and not phone to log in.

So where call goes? Does it ring somewhere at all?
It could be issue with your phone; PM NEVER 'redirected' my calls to any funny number.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

To confirm, when you use your public mobile number, you're unable to reach the person you're calling. When you use other numbers, you can? These "other" numbers you're using, are they public mobile as well or a different service provider? Also, have you been with Public Mobile for a while or are you new?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Shmankersox  Is it possible this number has blocked you by any chance 

Need Help? Let's chat.