cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone call not working with flip phone

Marc33
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have flip phone(not smartphone) with Public Mobile and I have a weird problem. I can call and receive calls normally with anyone except with someone using Public Mobile network!!  When I'm receiving a call from a PB user, I can answer but audio on both side is muted. I can't hear and if I speak the other side can't hear me.  I have experiment this with 2 PB users.  If I take my sim card and put it in a smartphone then it's working as it should. My old mom has hard time using a smartphone, that's why I gave her a flip phone.  Is there a solution for this?

4 REPLIES 4

@Marc33 wrote:

Ok thx, it makes sense, It's a phone we bought 4 years ago(I don't know the model, my mom has it) and it was working ok previously on PC mobile.  Then I'll get a new one.  Thanks again for your help!

No worries at all. If it's for your mom and you're looking for a flip phone or "dumbphone" for her, feel free to ask. Several of us here have been playing with a few of them to see what works on the PM network and found several she may like. Or you like...  🤔

Marc33
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ok thx, it makes sense, It's a phone we bought 4 years ago(I don't know the model, my mom has it) and it was working ok previously on PC mobile.  Then I'll get a new one.  Thanks again for your help!

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Marc33 What flip phone are you using? I just went back to a flip phone myself. The Cat S22 and I love it. The phone I had before was a Kyocera DuraXE and it wasn't bad but I had the same issues you were having. I had Public Mobile try resetting my network from their end but didn't really help. Sometimes it's just the phone. But now, I have zero problems with this one. I've talked for hours already and yes, the person I spoke with is on Public Mobile. So, whatcha got? 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Marc33 it is clearly a phone problem.  What model is the phone? The phone ever work well on PM network? or you just got the phone lately and never work well? But it looks like a phone not compatible with the network 

Need Help? Let's chat.