cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone # automatically changed?!!?

dawson1120
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What is going on, my phone number randomly changed from what it has been for the last month, when i text or call people it is a new number! called my old number and it said it wasnt in service?! what could have happen and how can i fix this, i have emailed Public mobile and not an answer yet, hopfully soon. Took out my sim and put it in, restarted my phone and no change, its been one day so far. This is very weird how does a phone number just change on it own

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kav2001c yes, handoffs could certainly be something that might be facilitated by an issue tracking system.  I know you've already bravo'd the thread I started on the topic recently, but I thought I'd link it here in case anyone else thinks this is important and wants to bravo the idea.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren I'm pleased with results from team of Saray and Shazia

I have a small issue with communications (I still find hand off from one mod to another rough, no idea how internal system works or if they physically ever even see each other but I always feel like you need to repeat request to each person, wish if something in progress they could leave notes to each other or something)

But my real panic was losing number 

Once Saray fixed first part I knew it might take a while but the fix would happen

Thanks again Shazia !  (not tagging them since I know so many requests right now lol)

srlawren

@kav2001c oh that's great news indeed!  @Shazia_K rocks!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren I just got back to my desk and found a message from Shazia

My main issues appear fixed (as in once I swap SIM cards I *should* be back on the network!)

My secondary issues will take longer to fix but now are not urgent (assumbly I have 89 days before they become an issue, but my account needs all my "stuff" reloaded, loyalty, community, refers, etc)

srlawren

@kav2001c I wish there was something I could do to help!  Still unresolved?

I ALSO lost my phone number

Ok this is some serious system issue here guys

All of this people losing phone numbers are existing clients nothing to do with new ports

2 more issues in this thread

@daredogg @SP3CTRYS @srlawren @imm1304 @Rockdaddy22

yi8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my phone number has also be assigned to another people, my phone functions are all down for 5 days! What a amazing public mobile service!!!

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This happened to one of my referrals too, still waiting for a resolution but this is definetely strange...

JL.

dawson1120
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i know! i didnt even touch the sim pr anything, iv paid for 3 months been fine for a month and even earlier that day i was usuing my phone and it was with that number then later on it changed

BowChickaBowWow
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That is definitely a strange one!

From what I understand, you are an existing member of PM with no issues, and suddeny your number changed? You did not activate, or try and get another SIM / activate another line using the same email address? I would think you should message the mods using the links in the latter half of that post.

I doubt any amount of troubleshooting on our end will help.

Need Help? Let's chat.