cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Number Incorrect

brent_sawa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Moved over from Bell.   During the transfer, I had a temp phone number for short time.   Unfortunately, that temp phone number is stuck in my iPhone settings (impacting my iMessage and Facetime).    I'm doing a lot of Googling and can't see a way to fix it other than to request another SIM card.   Is this true?   Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

brent_sawa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It took a bit to solve.   Tried all the Apple support suggestions - ie. Network Reset, Phone Reset, iM/FT on/off.....until they were sure it was something to do with PM (who assured me that my account was fine).  In the end, I  bought a new SIM card, which fixed the problem.

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@brent_sawa - Does it show a different number?

Try resetting network settings in Settings > General > Reset (You will lose all saved Wi-Fi credentials and BlueTooth connections)

Or you can force a provision by putting the SIM card into another phone (Not possible with eSIM.)

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @brent_sawa 

when you port during activation, there is never a temporary assigned number

Did you get a text from the old carrier, did you reply YES?

and can you receive inbound phone calls, especially from Non-Telus/Koodo/PM phone?  If you cannot the port was not done

It could be an incomplete port.  PM porting support team can help.  I have sent you the porting support team number.  Please check your Community inbox (envelope on top right), check for the number and call

Need Help? Let's chat.