cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Hacked

CarlLee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yesterday a message popped up on my iPhone indicating that a device had been added to my iCloud account and if that I did not add the device, I should delete it.

I found that it was another iPhone which did not belong to me, so I deleted it.

Then a message popped up indicating that I should contact my service provider to deactivate my Sim Card so that others could not read my messages.  I have had extreme difficulty contacting Public Mobile so I wanted to ask if anyone knows if I deleted the device that didn’t belong to me,

would anyone still be able to read my messages.  If not, then perhaps don’t need to change my Sim Card.  Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

CarlLee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for all the replies! They were very helpful.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

Did you try private messaging customer support here to alert them and ask for their advice on what to do?:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

I hope this isn't a "phishing" attempt at "sim swapping" or something like that to try and get you to deactivate your sim so they can switch the phone number to another sim.  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@CarlLee 

Don't think you need to change your SIM but I would suggest you change the password on your PM account and your Apple ID account to be on the safe side.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Is it possible that someone may have picked up your number? This is a bit of a glitch around here that happens on rare occasions. From another phone call your number. Does your phone ring? Does anybody else answer? Even like a party line. I'll leave how that intertwines with whatever the heck iphones do in their own world but I wonder.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@CarlLee  You can change your Apple ID password for peace of mind . And you password  for PM .don’t think anyone can read your text and emails . I don’t see a need to replace your sim . Not much support can do for ya but here’s the link 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.