cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Compatibility

zBond_21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a quick question about using the compatibility check on the site, does a phone have to be compatible with both 3G and 4G LTE, or will it work okay if it's only compatible with 3G?

7 REPLIES 7

@geopublic wrote:

@zBond_21 wrote:

I have a quick question about using the compatibility check on the site, does a phone have to be compatible with both 3G and 4G LTE, or will it work okay if it's only compatible with 3G?

@zBond_21  The phone will work with 3G. LTE is used for data if available but can work on 3G as well. Calls and texts use 3G.

I did not know this one either until someone told me and I tried, but only voice requires the 3g network.  Text messaging will work over LTE.

@zBond_21Did you setup a temporary number then port over? or did you activate and port over in one step? If it is the later and there is No service.. try the SIM card in another phone. There seems to be a lot of people having trouble getting basic service provisioned the last few days using the latter method. If there is still No Service.. you need to talk to the moderators right away.. so try your SIM card in another phone ASAP.

GR
Mayor / Maire

Someone said a few days ago that picture messages wouldn't work with an iPhone 4,  I'm not sure why but everything else should work.  

zBond_21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

An iPhone 4, model A1332. The sim card doesn't seem to be working but I think I might just have to give it time to port the number over.

What phone are you looking at? 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It will  be fine with 3G as long as the bands are compatible with PM.  You need 4G if you want LTE data speeds and have the data plan.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@zBond_21 wrote:

@zBond_21  The phone will work with 3G. LTE is used for data if available but can work on 3G as well. Calls and texts use 3G.

Need Help? Let's chat.