cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistant text ads

Demas11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My wife has a LG flip-top phone and keeps receiving the message displayed in the .jpg  message.  The message is received up to 10 times a day .... very frustrating and annoying.

Is there a way to block or trace this call?  I have traced the phone number shown in the image, but the results were "unknown or does not exist"ad-msg.jpg

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Demas11 : Be aware that using the internet or wifi sites could be compromised with the old Z10.

You might also want to either blank out those red numbers or remove that image and from your image library. How's life in Leduc? 🙂

Demas11

Greetings all ....

I have a Blackberry Z10 that I will probably setup for Julie .... she really likes the LG flip top ,,,, but times are changing and she will have to learn  something new and different 😂 .

Thanks to all for your tips, tricks and suggestions, I really appreciate the input.

Demas11

Or buy a older model smartphone.....iPhone 4S or 5S. 

@Demas11 

If the guides from Tracphone don't work then you can try to do it thru the security features.

1. GO TO PHONE CALLS IN TOOLS, LOOK FOR SECURITY...
  2. IF SET UP FOR FIRST TIME YOU WILL NEED A 4 DIGIT CODE.  
  3. YOU SET THAT UP THEN JUST SELECT ACCEPT ONLY CALLS/TEXTS/MULTI MEDIA FROM PEOPLE IN YOUR CONTACT!  
  4. YOU WILL NOT GET ANY TEXT WHEN YOU DO THAT.

Not ideal but could be employed long enough for them to stop sending the texts. You could set up voicemail for legitimate callers not on the list to leave a message.

Scam shipping notification... 

https://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-437-788-5986

try blocking the number on your phone as by others above.

@Demas11 

Just downloaded the phone's manual, but no mention on how to block numbers. 

Here is a another link:

https://tracfoneusermanual.net/block-calls-lg-classic-flip-phone/

Might work for that model.  

@Demas11 

I used to have that model of flip phone! I knew it looked familiar.... let's see what I can find on that model.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

800Notes will give you information about this number. 

See Here https://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-437-788-5986

Likely a VOIP number that has a fake caller ID. It is very easy to do. 

Demas11

Hi and thanks for the quick reply .... Julies' phone model is an LG-A341 .

Demas11

@Demas11 

Try this...

Here’s how to block a number on a Tracfone flip phone like LG Classic Flip:

1. Open the Recent calls menu. Starting from the Home screen, press the Send key so you will open your call logs.
  2. Highlight a call. Once you see your call logs, use the Navigation key to move through the list and stop once you highlight a call from a number you’d like to block.
  3. Block the call. To do this, press the Right soft key to select the Options menu. Using the Navigation key again, move down to highlight Block/Unblock number. Press the OK key to confirm the blocking.

Screenshot_20210622-060301~2.png

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Demas11 

No way to block the text from Public mobile end.  

Usually, can block phone number from your phone.  From your screenshot, there looks like an options tab.  Click on options to see whether there is an option to block that specific number.  Or check the user manual on your wife's phone to determine whether that specific phone has that function.  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Demas11 

That's a tough one. What is the exact model of her flip phone. Since generally you cannot block  numbers on a flip phone some do have access to a white list which works in a similar way.

Need Help? Let's chat.