cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payments wouldn't go through with new, finally does but now I'm getting another plan

dotherightthing
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

See title.

Tried to set up autopay with a new bank card, changed to a cheaper plan for the next month, had sufficient funds. Payments would not go through, despite several attempts to pay through the website. I kept getting notifications every time I tried to repay that I had sufficient funds and that the autopay was good, yet I had no service. I've been disconnected for several days and have missed some very important calls regarding work. Now I'm in the process of getting a new phone/plan elsewhere and my payment with Public mobile FINALLY goes through after almost a week of constant payment attempts. Probably won't get a refund or a human response, but what can ya do?

20 REPLIES 20

[Edited out the question - seems OP has gone AWOL and would rather not respond.]

dotherightthing

They don't come running???

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dotherightthing : ??? We are. If you wish the company to do anything for you for your experience, you'll need to contact the CSA's. They don't just come running. You need to contact them.

Hold it @dotherightthing 

Did you state you tried to set up auto-pay with a bank card?

As in a bank debit card (and NOT a credit card nor VISA / MC debit)?

Accepted Payment methods

dotherightthing

Is anyone reading my post?

dotherightthing

Definitely not.

@dotherightthing  This is an old post but, unfortunately, still seems valid. 

I have given some thought to the issue of service disruptions and have concluded a residential phone service, cellular or landline, alone is not a good solution if you cannot tolerate several days without service. A business voip service seems to offer the best balance of dependability and price BUT I am not an expert just an interested bystander on business service.

Some reading for you:

VOIP: https://top5voipproviders.com/ca/   and https://www.gonevoip.ca/

STILL WANT PM for the price: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/100-SERVICE/m-p/183753#M33693

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dotherightthing : Understood. Some people do come in and rant and rave about what's happening to them after they're tried everything they can think of. But the intention of this place is as a first line of support. Not ranting. Ask the question, hopefully get an answer and carry on. Or be directed to contact the actual support agents that can do things in your account. Which likely some people do anyway without coming here.

So did you get all set up with the other provider? Now that you've successfully paid maybe you might stick around 🙂

dotherightthing

TBH I didn't really want to have to sign up for a whole new 'community' account just to voice my grievance. Why make it an easy thing to do? Too late to notice the trap I was in lol. I've avoided big phone companies for years but at least there's a direct line of contact and some sort of customer support.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dotherightthing : I think there's a bug with the Amount due option. If you had asked us here earlier we could have suggested using the Other option. Absolutely sympathize with your situation though. It should not be difficult for any company to take your money. This place seems to struggle with that.

dotherightthing

I've had a PM account for about 6 months now and merely tried changing a payment method, nothing complex. So 
I'm not sure what steps I missed there, but a valid bank account with sufficient funds should be able to pay. I had confirmation from the PM website several times that my new payment info was valid and up to date, yet zero payments were processed. So again, not sure what steps I missed. Seems to me that some bad tech and zero customer support have ruined a decent experience. I just wish they took my money to begin, now I'm stuck with a plan I don't want for another month.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BKNS27 : But he's not porting in. If anything, he's porting out. Then sure all the proper steps.

@Anonymous 

Just pointing out when he is porting into PM steps should be followed…any missed steps will cause issues.

Agree @Anonymous , however OP is clearly porting out (either has, or plans to...)

Personally @dotherightthing, unless you have a limited time offer at the new mobile provider, I'd allow the current cycle to almost deplete before porting out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BKNS27 : hmm a little misinterpretation. I didn't get that he was talking about porting over. Wrong thread maybe?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@dotherightthing 

Sorry you had problems porting over to PM.

When new customers port over, they must follow all steps in order or they are hooped and need assistance from a CS_Agent.

Or go to retailers that can do it for you hassle free and no headaches.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

We probably could have helped you “dothe rightthing” @dotherightthing , however it sounds like you’ve already decided to do it yourself.  You will need active service with public mobile in order to be able to port your number elsewhere.  

However there will be no refunds for the  partial cycle remaining when you leave.   I hope you restored service with the cheapest plan available, the $15 plan.

Hope everything works out!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI  @dotherightthing   Can you provide more info?

Which plan was the old plan you had and which one you want to change to and which one you got now?

If you just on the new wrong plan only for one or two days, I guess it is possible PM Support can assist and change it back.  Open a ticket today and get this going, don't let it sit for any longer.  To open a ticket with PM Support. Click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. type: Contact CS Agent
  2. Click "Contact Us"
  3. Click "Other"
  4. Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  5. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dotherightthing : Well I guess it's too late now to suggest anything. Sorry for the troubles and frustration. If you had come here earlier while it wasn't working then we would have suggested using the Other option in the Payment Type box.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dotherightthing 

You can send a message to an agent according to these instructions: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Need Help? Let's chat.