cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment of plan

eferber
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I used to much data towards the end of december (after paying $50 plan december 4th) so added another $50 on december 30 and used $20 as an add on. It was stated I owed $30 to renew my plan for January. I added the $30 today and it indicates my balance is $0 but my next payment is not due until February 2nd. So, $130 later and my phone still doesnt work. I might as well be with Rogers. How is this possible and should I change my decision of IMMEDIATELY canceling my public mobile service?

6 REPLIES 6

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@eferber wrote:

I used to much data towards the end of december (after paying $50 plan december 4th) so added another $50 on december 30 and used $20 as an add on. It was stated I owed $30 to renew my plan for January. I added the $30 today and it indicates my balance is $0 but my next payment is not due until February 2nd. So, $130 later and my phone still doesnt work. I might as well be with Rogers. How is this possible and should I change my decision of IMMEDIATELY canceling my public mobile service?

@eferber so it sounds like to me your plan DID renew.

In addition to rebooting your phone (that others suggested) - try the below:

*try your SIM card into another working phone to see if you have any services.

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings on your device

*Are you using a new device since you had no service. Is your phone locked? Contact the previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@eferber wrote:

@eferber 

It does appear the $50 plan may not be sufficient.   Consider changing plan [on next renewal date, not an immediate plan change] to the $60 (15GB) or even the $70 (20GB).   This way, you'll not have to be as concerned to renew early or purchase add-ons, which are an expensive way to supplement data if done routinely.

Once you've found a 'comfortable' data allotment, consider registering a valid payment card to auto-pay, save $2/cycle by doing so, and sit back and enjoy the mostly hassle-free service.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@eferber wrote:

I added the $30 today and it indicates my balance is $0 but my next payment is not due until February 2nd. So, 

It does sound like your account is renewed already

is it showing Status Active when you login to My Account?

If so, reboot your phone now one more time. Confirm you can make outgoing calls or receive incoming calls

Then try data.  if you are unable to use the data, check if you have any restrict data setting enabled.  If you are on Android, Android has a setting to limit the data use.  Check if that was enabled and if the cycle start date match PM cycle starts date.  Your current cycle should starts Jan 3 according to what you said for next renewal date

Anonymous
Not applicable

@eferber 

close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

1. Click on Payment

2. Make a Payment

3. one Time Payment 

4. you will see your Amount Due:$$

5. Payment Type: selected other ( Enter the desired payment amount )

6. you will do manually enter Amount:$$ + $1 extra

7. Click ‘Submit’,
9.after payment successful,  you have to do Rebooting your phone
what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.
10. and how much you pay the extra is will going to your account Available funds:$$ has the amount left, and for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@eferber : So it shows you have zero in Available Funds. Shows your next renewal a month away. It would seem your account has renewed. Do you see a suspended notice box up top?

Maybe try manually paying another dollar. Sometimes that gives the account a kick. Maybe restart the phone too.

Edit: Not sure what you bought with the $20. The 1gb add-on is $15. Did you buy 4 200mb add-ons? Did you buy a roaming add-on? Did your data work after you did whatever you did?

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@eferber

Sorry to hear you're having this problem.

PM is a prepaid carrier with no refunds offered so either way you will need to get your services working if you want your money's worth.

I'd suggest reaching out to @CS_Agent by private message and they will look into your account and get it fixed, usually within a few hours.

Need Help? Let's chat.