cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment changed.

GigiMobile
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I used to pay $21/mo, and all of a sudden the payment changed to $28/mo starting in May. I want to know why. Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

@Willie_135  I've changed to a lower cost plan and kept my long distance gift add on, but because my plan is unlimited data the two gift data bonuses are "parked"  on my plan as currently incompatible.  They will switch back to compatible if I change back to a limited data plan.  It's been mentioned a few times in the community that add ons are not lost when changing plan, disregarding that now data add ons expire after 30 days and US roaming after 15 days.  Any previous add ons without an expiry remain on your plan.  I don't know that this is in any fine print, my suggestion would be to start a new thread of your own with that question in the subject line and you will get answers from more people.

Willie_135

Did you keep your add-ons with the switch to the cheaper plan?  Other than the 150 day add-on?

Willie_135

Hi, thanks for your response.  Is there anywhere in the fine print I can verify this?  Or how do you know this?  Sorry, I just have tons of add-ons besides this 150 day peace offering so I want to be 100% sure I won't get screwed over.  My other family members are in the same situation.  

@Willie_135  From what I just read, you will lose ALL of your add-ons you have accumulated over the years with PM if you change to a subscription at a lower cost than your current one. 

No, the only thing you lose when switching to a lower plan is the bonus data you got for the switch from $ rewards to points.   All other add ons are kept.

GigiMobile

Thank you very much everybody. I have now changed the subscription.

Willie_135

From what I just read, you will lose ALL of your add-ons you have accumulated over the years with PM if you change to a subscription at a lower cost than your current one.  I was just looking at switching from the $25/month one to the $19/month plan, but right before I clicked the Confirm Subscription Change at Renewal button I read yet another round of fine print that said what I just wrote above about losing the add-ons.  Can anyone confirm that for me?  That seems really stupid to give that free data bonus and then take it away if you switch to the cheaper plan.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Gotta know, @GigiMobile , did you not receive any SMS (text) or e-mail notifications from Public Mobile over the period of April 2 up until now?

They've sent several notifications around the changes to rewards which resulted in cash rewards every 30 days no longer being applied, in place of the much less favored Public Points which is inferior and requires users to manually 'apply' the points towards credits for use against services.

All in all, it's worse for the most loyal customers.

Hi, the old reward system is gone and replaced by a point system. You now have to pay the full amount and later apply points (minimum 15) to reduce your payment.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-help/articles/redeeming-public-points

If you are on the $25 plan you can change plan in your account to the $19 plan to reduce your payment.

@GigiMobile 

about the rewards system change 

PM retired the old reward system earlier (May 2024) and everyone migrated on the new Public Points system. 
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

With this new system, you pay the full amount first (with the Available Funds on your My Account or via your credit/debit card on the system), and hence you see a higher charge now. 
After renewal, PM will give you the points to your reward account within 48 hours.  Once you collected 15 points, you can redeem $15 bill payment yourself to bring the next payment down.  Or you can also use points to buy add-ons with a discounted price

But you have a $25-1GB plan?  If so, PM is offering existing subscribers a $19-1GB plan.  It is pretty much the same $25 -1GB plan, except it is better, it has 4G speed instead of 3G.   With it being just $19, you can recover the lost reward savings from the change of the reward system.  You might want to login to My Account and schedule a plan change to this $19 plan using Change on Renewal option

Need Help? Let's chat.