cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Issues

pjjmartin61
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was texted that I had insufficient funds but I am using a credit card and there were sufficient funds to charge my credit card.  Public mobile shut down my phone and there is no one I can talk to because there is no customer service by phone.  This is the worst part of being a public mobile customer.  Extremely frustrating.  I was also sent a text from  public mobile that said "made a manual payment, please ignore this message."  The message was "your plan did not renew because we did not receive your payment."  I have always used Autopay so I have no clue what happened.

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@pjjmartin61 

Your auto pay failed. Auto pay is not a pre-authorized credit card. It gets one chance once every 40bdays to attempt a charge to your card registered for autopay. If it fails for a myriad of reasons the most common an expired card (check yours) then that's it. Your service will be suspended. Now you have to make a manual top up payment to reactivate your services.

Go to the payment page. Choose "other amount". Enter your plan amount minus any funds in your balance. Confirm and submit your payment. Your plan should automatically reactivate. Log out and reboot.

If the payment just tops up your available funds go to the plans or usage page. Click on lost/stolen. Suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your plan should automatically reactivate. The overview page may not update right way but you can check your transaction history for your plan amount charges with today's date. Log out and reboot.

@DDM69 

Read above to understand how Auto pay works. Of course if a customer makes a manual payment before renewal they will never suffer an autopay failure and have their account/services suspended.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yes if your service is not functional it was most likely an autopay failure. These are happening increasingly more than they used to. Once you get it back (whether you use a voucher or manual payment), I would recommend manually charging your card for the renewal amount prior to renewal date and having it in your available balance and you can avoid this happening again.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@pjjmartin61 

If you have NO SERVICES, you could also purchase a payment voucher from these stores below... then call *611 from your device and enter the voucher number (yes, it'll work from the device...)

HALIMACS_0-1653615588056.png

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@pjjmartin61 ...shut down your phone, meaning...no services work?

If you have no services, and it is past your renewal, maybe your autopay failed?

Add Funds, manually, to your owing amount or more, through SELF SERVE (or by calling 611 if you have a card registered), then select to reactivate/resume services if it does not automatically do so.

If your plan still does not reactivate / resume and it shows $0 owing, try adding a $1 top-up payment. 

Or try

1. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  2. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  3. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
  4. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  5. Log off your account. Log back in. Reboot your phone.

If this was an Autopay failure, I would let the Customer Support Agents (CSA) know.

Methods to contact the Customer Support Agents (CSA): https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

If you still have services, this could be your account going through the normal renewal process. The SELF SERVE account can say "expired" or "suspended" on the day of or before your plan is due to renew.

So, if this is the case, ignore these messages on your SELF SERVE account.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Ignore this message. Your card will be charged and service will continue 

Need Help? Let's chat.