cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone not ringing

tech5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone is not always ringing and it takes about a day to get a voice message. This happened about a month ago and changed some settings and as you can see this did not work.

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@tech5 - hopefully this is temporary and will clear up on it's own. A good practice of restarting your phone regularly may clear up finicky issues.

Perhaps try performing a Reset of your device's Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I would do a soft reset and make sure you are set on 3G not LTE. 
Would you happen to be in a location with a weak signal?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Is this last month the first time you have had this issue? Are there any telus outages in your area. try the above steps for your network and that may assist.

@tech5 wrote:

My phone is not always ringing and it takes about a day to get a voice message. This happened about a month ago and changed some settings and as you can see this did not work.

I am suspecting a network issue and am suspectting that there are difficulties siwtching from LTE to the HSPA network that is required for phone calls.  Try setting your phone to HSPA only/3g onl/UMTS-only network mode.

Need Help? Let's chat.