cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive text messages...

ghaeck67
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am currently in Australia but cannot seem to receive text messages when asked for a validation code for online banking. Any ideas how to resolve this? My plan says it's got international messaging.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ghaeck67 

Download fongo or textnow and choose a Canadian phone #. Then on WiFi or mobile data with a local sim card call your bank and ask if you can change verification codes to be sent by voice call instead of SMS text (unless you can change this option in your online banking). Once a verification code is sent use your voip # to call your pm number. When it connects to voicemail press "*" and enter your voicemail pin #. You can now access your voicemail services and retrieve your verification code left as a voice message.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

You can receive texts in the US even without roaming but I don't think the same holds true for Australia. You may need to inquire about an alternative such as the code being emailed to your email on file

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I’d recommend you get a temporary SIM card while in Australia. Unfortunately you’ll have no calling or data outside of Canada except for the US…if you buy a 10 day US roaming add on. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ghaeck67 

PM only offer 10 days Roaming Texting while in the US.

Unfortunately, no texting plans offered while in Australia.

Try downloading the WhatsApp for free wifi texting/calling and utilizes your PM number.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

International messaging only works when you are connected to the network in Canada. Sorry, but Public mobile does not work outside of Canada (no roaming).

Need Help? Let's chat.