cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying via Paypal Xoom Service?

starburst
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi!

Is it possible to add amounts to my funds for payment via Paypal Xoom service? I don't have a credit card for paying for my plan and can only pay via Paypal/ Recharge.com.

Also, how do the payment vouchers available at the grocery stores work?

18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious : If it was an actual Instant top-up method then I might agree. I chose PM all the way and ended up with a Telus voucher with Telus instructions. My number is a new 236 number from the PM pool acquired through change number...not activation. 236 has been around a while now.

I've used recharge.com but, while I didn't use Xoom to pay, I did use Paypal.  My number not orginally a Public Mobile number.  Is there any reason that customers can't still by non-real-time vouchers from recharge.com and pay using regular Paypal?  In the past, the voucher number was e-mailed to me.

@computergeek541 : hmm...have we lost context somewhere? xoom isn't a payment method. Recharge will take Paypal no problem. Some of these systems use a number. It's like sending a gift card to the number. It's still just a voucher.

It's that xoom sent a Telus voucher with Telus instructions. The two people that I know on Telus prepaid already have a good balance so they didn't need it. But xoom refunded my money.

I think what confused me was "Paypal Xoom" in the title, and I thnk that I thought that it was being said that recharge.com could no longer be used unless the number was originally from Public. Thanks for the clarification.

Well...xoom _is_ a Paypal entity. 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious : If it was an actual Instant top-up method then I might agree. I chose PM all the way and ended up with a Telus voucher with Telus instructions. My number is a new 236 number from the PM pool acquired through change number...not activation. 236 has been around a while now.

I've used recharge.com but, while I didn't use Xoom to pay, I did use Paypal.  My number not orginally a Public Mobile number.  Is there any reason that customers can't still by non-real-time vouchers from recharge.com and pay using regular Paypal?  In the past, the voucher number was e-mailed to me.

@computergeek541 : hmm...have we lost context somewhere? xoom isn't a payment method. Recharge will take Paypal no problem. Some of these systems use a number. It's like sending a gift card to the number. It's still just a voucher.

It's that xoom sent a Telus voucher with Telus instructions. The two people that I know on Telus prepaid already have a good balance so they didn't need it. But xoom refunded my money.

I think what confused me was "Paypal Xoom" in the title, and I thnk that I thought that it was being said that recharge.com could no longer be used unless the number was originally from Public. Thanks for the clarification.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@starburst : You need to go to the service desk. Not the cashier, not the cell store.

I doubt recharge cares what Paypal sees. So if there's a problem, then it's probably Paypal. Are you able to use Paypal elsewhere...recently?

You'll get a printout like a receipt. On it will be a 12 digit PIN# (there could be several). You want the one that says PIN#. Then you dial 611 from the phone with the PM SIM in, or dial 18554public and redeem the voucher. Or login to your self-serve account and click Payment.

starburst
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I saw that Prepaid Wireless Top-up was available in Superstore when I went there. I inquired the cashier about it and they didn't know how to work it out. Even I'm still confused as to how that works.

And for some reason, Recharge.com is not accessing my linked Paypal bank account. Did Recharge.com change accepted payment rules or something?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : search bar - 611 IVR 🙂

@Anonymous 

Do you mind giving me the link to that?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Thus I removed it from my 611 reference post.

@Anonymous 

Well that is an issue isn't it? Best to avoid it at all costs then...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

The problem with that service is it issues vouchers for the provider that your phone number originates from....so it will only work for public mobile if your phone number was chosen from pm's list upon activation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BearFBI : I tried them. Turned out to not be an Instant Top-Up method that last year Naepalm seemed to suggest. You actually get a Telus voucher even though you select PM. They refunded me reasonably quickly. That was a couple few months ago though so things could have changed in this time.

@starburst 

Paypal can be used to purchase vouchers from Canadian Cell Supplies who also very occassionally put them on sale for 10% off but you have to act extremely fast because the limited number of discounted vouchers sell out fast. Voucher purchases from non-Ontario residents are charged gst only.

Vouchers can be purchased at a myriad of retailers but vouchers purchased at London drugs, Shell stations, SDM and 7/11 are immediately valid upon purchase and can be loaded onto your account via 611. Just dial 611 and once connected press (1) and (1) again and enter the 12 digit pin #. Or they can added to your self serve account once logged in.

More member contributed info on vouchers can be found here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#...

If you need a visa gift card to register for the autopay reward ($2) only...it has no balance I can supply you with one but you will have to use vouchers to pay for your plan because the autopay will fail.

@BearFBI wrote:

I thought xoom did work but only for native non ported PM numbers ?

I agree with this statement. I can personally confirm if you ported your number to Public Mobile from another carrier, that the xoom topup will not work. Their customer service is also very poor, so you will be lucky to get a refund up to a month later.

Use a different service. A voucher from a retail store is best since there are no fees.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous wrote:

@starburst : Last I checked, xoom doesn't work here. recharge.com will take Paypal. Then you get a voucher in an email. A voucher has a 12 digit PIN that you redeem either in the self-serve or in the 611 service.

All vouchers work the same. Although some may have an unknown duration delay before you can redeem them.

There is also the Instant Top-up method at a few stores.

I thought xoom did work but only for native non ported PM numbers ?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is more info about different forms of payment.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/voucher-payment-options

Here is information about using a voucher.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/top-up-your-account

Anonymous
Not applicable

@starburst : Last I checked, xoom doesn't work here. recharge.com will take Paypal. Then you get a voucher in an email. A voucher has a 12 digit PIN that you redeem either in the self-serve or in the 611 service.

All vouchers work the same. Although some may have an unknown duration delay before you can redeem them.

There is also the Instant Top-up method at a few stores.

Need Help? Let's chat.