cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying for 5G,but not getting it

Franjan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

10 REPLIES 10

@99guy Pixel's setting 5G (recommended) does not let the phone stays on 5G all the time.  In fact, it only change when it is needed and try to optimize the battery life that way

in terms of speed, did you try speed test in different area?

99guy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Markham Ontario. Google Pixel 7. Tried all you mentioned.

@99guy 

what phone do you have? what area you are in?

To get 5G connections, make sure Power Saver mode is disabled

Also, check the network mode, you can try to force 5G there.  Some phone's automatic mode (or 5G Auto) will only use 5G when it is really needed to save battery

99guy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You are not alone. I got 5G sometimes but mostly 4G. Max speed I got so far is around 50 to 60. Not once near 70. Tried reset network, turned off data saver etc. Upgraded to 5 G plan over a week. Using a Pixel 7. Slow, slow, slow!

5G connectivity and 5G speed are two different things.  Neither are majorly critical. 

@Franjan wrote:

Samsung galaxy s20 fe 5g

@will13am  just posted this 

Franjan

Samsung galaxy s20 fe 5g

WforWendy

Hi there, depending on where you are, you may get 4G or 5G speed data. I am using 13 pro max and in quite populated city.

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Franjan, which model of phone are you using? I will check it is compatible with the 5G frequencies on the Public Mobile network.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Franjan 

what phone do you have?

Try Reset All Networks or Reset Network Settings.  Try setting network mode to Automatic as well as 5G.  Also, try speed test in different area just in case it was just local network problem 

Need Help? Let's chat.