cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying bill by bank or with PayPal

SchizoTerry
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It would be nice if Public Mobile would have more ways to pay for their services.

Paying by bank would be very good. by dding a payee and then have it auto pay the bill every month.

Vouchers are a bit of a hassle. Having to go to the store all the time sucks.

I use my credit card, but some friends that I know are stuck using vouchers, because their bank doesn't have the debit visa. Even if Public Mobile would use PayPal... that would be another alternative soluton for not having to physically go to the store every 30 days.

10 REPLIES 10

@Heather5 wrote:

I.m in a wheelchair: makes these trips even more "less than perfect"

@Heather5...some folks are using on-line payment services like recharge.com and ding.com. You'll pay a premium for their use...but it is an option.

Good luck.

Heather5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I.m in a wheelchair: makes these trips even more "less than perfect"

Heather5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

ouch

shdezstna

I also support the idea of incorporating paypal (for the auto-pay specifically). You cannot get benefits from autopay if you cannot autopay ;(

I know others have previously dismissed the offer that was advertised by Public Mobile for the KOHO prepaid visa, but this is an option that doesn't require a bank account, but you do need a way to get money on to the credit card to use it.

Electronic transfers from your payroll or another bank account (via interact email) will do the trick.

I've recently set up a KOHO account for myself, as my current prepaid VISA is being discontinued by my bank.

Check it out here, at https://www.koho.ca

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/accepted-payments-for-activation.

It probably be more administrative costs involved to accept other forms of payment.

SchizoTerry

Most credit unions dont have Visa or MasterCard debit. Like Envision credit union for example.

The only banks that have visa debit is the top 4 or 5 banks the others don't have it, and the reason that the people that I know don't use the big banks is because they are poor and don't want to pay bank fees. With most credit unions... there is an option for no fee banking. And when you get one of those types of banks, then you don't get what all the big guys have to offer.

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@SchizoTerry what bank doesn't have VISA debit? The only one I am aware of is RBC, and you can get a Virtual Visa Debit card from them that does the same thing. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@SchizoTerry wrote:

It would be nice if Public Mobile would have more ways to pay for their services.

Paying by bank would be very good. by dding a payee and then have it auto pay the bill every month.

Vouchers are a bit of a hassle. Having to go to the store all the time sucks.

I use my credit card, but some friends that I know are stuck using vouchers, because their bank doesn't have the debit visa. Even if Public Mobile would use PayPal... that would be another alternative soluton for not having to physically go to the store every 30 days.

@SchizoTerry PayPal would be nice, but I would settle for an AutoPay system that works! 😀

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Public Mobile is a laggard when it comes to stuff like this.  It's a tier 3 brand.  Right now, there is no carrier offering PayPal.  You know what will freeze over before you see PayPal payment here. 

Need Help? Let's chat.