Pause phone

Markham78
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to pause my step daughters phone for a bit. She’s only 16. How can I do

that if I don’t have her info 

7 REPLIES 7

Typhon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you worried about charges to your card then just contact your CC company and stop payments to her account  or simply temporarily lock your card --Otherwise be careful not to get in trouble because in Ontario -----a person who is 16 years old or older can legally leave home and live on their own.

Markham78

I signed her up

but had to

use her email so

i can’t access it 

@Markham78 wrote:

It’s under her email but the payment comes off of my credit card 

@Markham78 

A safe trick is to temporary suspend your credit card around the day of her renewal day.  PM cannot charge the credit card and the account would go to suspended stage

HOWEVER, she can still use *611 with an account pin to make a payment after

And unless you want to cut her off completely, DO NOT try to make a charge back. with your credit card.  PM is prepaid provider, a charge back would suspend the account immediately, and the account will be in "probation" state for 12 months.  In the 12 months, PM will only accept payment with voucher and via messaging only

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

We're you the one that signed up for her? Is the account under your Name, Email, and Credit card?

Markham78

It’s under her email but the payment comes off of my credit card 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Markham78 

I guess the first question would be is your payment card the one paying for the service?

If so, once you gain access to the self-serve account, you can mark the account "lost or stolen" and it will temporarily disable the service until that designation is removed.

Here's specifically how:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/lost-or-stolen-phone

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Markham78 if you have access to the phone and the account PIN, then you can call *611 to disable Autopay

If you opened the account for her and used your email, you can try to reset the password.  Or you can open ticket with support and hopefully provide enough information for PM to agree to reset the password, or change the email if needed to yours

Need Help? Let's chat.