cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid phone bill and phone not working still

mike_menapace66
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  • I paid my phone bill there's enough money in my account for the plan and the money is not getting taken off 
28 REPLIES 28

@mike_menapace66 

The standard notice normally shows up near the end of your cycle so I would ignore it if you have the funds.

Try powering off then phone then wait a few minutes then power back on.

@darlicious wrote:
The overview page indicated he was still suspended or expired. This as of late has been normal in this situation with the pm payment system showing this status (a glitch) for several more hours before correcting itself to show active status.

Maybe it is not a glitch but PM's computer system runs on predetermined schedule: 'process payments/renewals 4 times a day (run batch every 6 hours).

Having on-line processing might be either too expensive for them or not needed or not efficient.

With all these instructions provided by Community, I believe the most important would be feedback from OP (resolved - how? not yet resolved - tried this and that, etc.) instead of us throwing everything in posts (including kitchen sink with dirty dishes and laundry basket full of 2-weeks socks).

@Meow 

I posted instructions based on the OP's replies. The larger problem was the terminology being used "suspended". I suspect the OP still made the correct moves to actually prevent his services from being truly suspended. It appears that the OP......

1. Made a payment just after the 2am eastern deadline for payment system to take the plan amount and that renewals were running on time last night.
  2. The OP still had working service but his payment was sitting in available funds.
  3. By suspending via lost/stolen his payment (plan amount) disappeared from his balance indicating that he did force the system to take his payment.
  4. The overview page indicated he was still suspended or expired. This as of late has been normal in this situation with the pm payment system showing this status (a glitch) for several more hours before correcting itself to show active status.
  5. If the OP checked his transaction history to see  the lines of 30 DAY PLAN...$10 and either 100 MINUTES...$5 or his data amount ie 1GB DATA....$15 with today's date then he would know he had successfully renewed his plan for the next 30 days.
  6. If the renewal system is running late then a customer cannot force the payment system to take the plan amount payment until the system has automatically done so from all accounts going thru renewal on that date.

Hopefully this explanation along with my earlier post on the renewal process will help you understand how the renewal process works. So I do not believe I threw everything but the kitchen sink at the OP but did in fact correctly understand where they were in the process that their slightly cryptic responses indicated. Seeing as they have not replied since....indicates they did not lose service and are happily enjoying their pm services today.

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

You probably should have left well enough alone.

@darlicious : This was part of why I was tentative in suggesting anything and really wanting to get answers to questions. This is also the problem with just throwing everything at the poster. So it's an uneasy balance. One post wonder posts and disappears - Ok - here's everything they might possibly need. With a participating poster (albeit rather slow to respond in this case), I just kind of feel it better to go step by step. And here we are.

Hopefully things have sorted themselves out.

I agree 100% with you!

I prefer asking questions to better understand problem client is facing instead of pasting 'resolution' with all imaginable answers.

Sometimes question is clear and answer(s) are logical but sometimes we need more details.

Could somebody post renewal process but only when client has to add funds to his/her account, please.

Like: 1. top up 2 days before renewal, 2. do Not top up 1 hour before renewal because of this and that, etc. so everybody is familiar how renewal process actually works.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mike_menapace66 

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

1. Click on Payment

2. Make a Payment

3. one Time Payment 

4. you will see your Amount Due:$$

5. Payment Type: selected other ( Enter the desired payment amount )

6. how much you see at Amount Due:$ ! you will do manually enter Amount:$$ + $1 extra

7. Tax: will collect automatically,
8. Click ‘Submit’,
9. after payment gone through, you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

10. and how much you pay the extra is will going to your account Available funds:$ ! has the amount left,
and for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

and if still not fix it follow this,

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount through Self Serve  
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  3. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  4. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
  5. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  6. Reboot your phone.
  7. what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone about 2 minutes and turn it back on.

if you can't fix it you have to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to 
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Submit a Ticket

Spoiler
  • Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

You probably should have left well enough alone.

@darlicious : This was part of why I was tentative in suggesting anything and really wanting to get answers to questions. This is also the problem with just throwing everything at the poster. So it's an uneasy balance. One post wonder posts and disappears - Ok - here's everything they might possibly need. With a participating poster (albeit rather slow to respond in this case), I just kind of feel it better to go step by step. And here we are.

Hopefully things have sorted themselves out.

@mike_menapace66 wrote:

tried to suspend and resume my service now  its showing me I have to pay my phone bill again and the 54 dollars is gone that was in my account and still no service

@mike_menapace66 

If you still have no service, open a ticket with CS:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

@mike_menapace66 

You probably should have left well enough alone. Please clarify can you call or text? Check your transaction history. What does it list as entries with today's date?

mike_menapace66

tried to suspend and resume my service now  its showing me I have to pay my phone bill again and the 54 dollars is gone that was in my account and still no service

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mike_menapace66 : I kinda hope you're not going to the effort of making that screenshot. If your services are in fact working (even though your subject line said not) then all is normal. It only matters when the services stop.

@mike_menapace66 

A little FYI....

3 days before your renewal you will get a reminder to pay text from pm (611). You will get this text whether you have paid ahead of time or not or whether or not you are set up for autopay. You can use this as your reminder to top up your account.

At about 6pm to 9pm eastern on the evening before renewal your account status will change to expired as your 30 day plan is about to expire. Unless you have no services this is perfectly normal.

On the day of your renewal at midnight eastern your plan will renew and any counters ( like data) in your account will reset to zero (0/1024mb). Rewards will be converted and applied to your balance as available funds.

At 2am eastern your plan amount will be debited from your available funds in your balance. If there is insufficient funds in your balance to cover your plan amount the difference will be charged to your autopay card as an automatic top up. Your card statement will show this amount+taxes.

Your payment history will show 30 DAY PLAN....$10 and depending on your plan either your applicable data amount 1 GB OF DATA AT 3G SPEED....$15  or 3GB/$25 or 5GB/$30 and so on or for the $15 plan the talk portion 100 Minutes Talk Booster......$5.

If an automatic top up and/or the plan/data/minute debits/credits do not show in your payment history by 3am eastern you have likely suffered an autopay fail. You will have until 6am eastern to make a manual top up and reactivate your plan. If reactivate does not take your plan amount from your balance then briefly suspend your service via lost/stolen. This forces the payment and the transactions will show up in your payment history.

At 6am eastern any account that has not paid for their plan amount in full will have their services suspended or if its been 90 days these accounts will be cancelled and deactivated and lose their phone number. Active accounts will change from expired/suspended to active status. Occasionally this process is delayed up to 6 hours or so....check your transactions in your payment history for confirmation.

At noon eastern you will recieve two texts from 611. (Currently the rewards text is sent 12 hours later at midnight eastern.)The first confirms your rewards were successfully applied to your account. The second confirms your plan has successfully renewed. Not recieving the second text indicates an autopay failure.

It is my suggestion that before and after renewal you screenshot your overview page and your payment history in case their are any anomolies that need to be addressed like your data counter not resetting.

**Renewals have been running up to 8 hours late. So your renewal (new 30 day plan) will occur at midnight eastern but payment may not happen til noon (12 hours later)on the date of renewal.

Look like @darlicious  was correct.. 

@mike_menapace66  can you show us a screenshot what exactly saying for account status on My Account?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mike_menapace66 : Ah. Then your services should still be working. Seems the prior assumption is likely right. Try doing a text to yourself. Try the internet. It will take the money over night and it should all be done mid-morning.

mike_menapace66

yeah renewal is tonight just haven't taken money off yet for some reason still says account. is temporarily suspended 

@mike_menapace66  

you can try to load $1 extra into the account. 

Once payment gone though,  click Reactivate current plan button if you see it there 

Logoff, then reboot your phone and see if it works.

@mike_menapace66 

Back to my first post. Is your renewal tonight? Do you have working services? Like a dial tone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mike_menapace66 : There's a line with a somewhat larger font saying the status. What is the status?

Edit: Does it show a red Plan Expired or something else?

@darlicious : Yes I know. I guess we'll see.

@Anonymous 

Yes but confirmation of renewal date and working services was not made despite the title. Sometimes there is an assumption that services are not working when they are....

@mike_menapace66 

If your renewal was in the last few days and you don't have working services then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen. Suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume service. Log out. Reboot phone. Your service should be renewed.

mike_menapace66

account is suspended its just not taking the money off for the next cycle

Anonymous
Not applicable

Folks...the subject line says "phone not working still".

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mike_menapace66   What is your account status at the moment?

Was it already suspendered and you are trying to reactivate the account? 

@mike_menapace66 

Is your renewal tonight? Do you have working services? If so then just let it be....having expired status in your account is normal upon renewal. If you look at your transaction history you should already see your rewards applied to your account ( if any) and your plan amount will come out in the next little while if not already.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mike_menapace66 : Sorry, you might not be seeing Available Funds depending on how long ago the account got suspended.

Have services not worked all day? Or longer?

Maybe you could try a restart.

Or use a different browser and log in to see the status. Maybe the status is Lost/stolen.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mike_menapace66 It may take 12-24 hrs for the payment to process on the day your plan renews if you have topped up your account.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mike_menapace66 Are you on auto pay or do you pay by voucher? Auto pay may display a warning that your account may be suspended but if you use auto pay ignore that message as it will disappear as your plan cycles.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mike_menapace66 : And the date up top by Available Funds?

mike_menapace66

I have a current balance of 54 dollars and I'm on a 45 dollar plan

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mike_menapace66 : What plan are you on? What balance do you have in Available Funds? What is the pay before date up top?

Need Help? Let's chat.