cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUK code needed

Fooosh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can’t seem to reach anyone at Public Mobile. You are asked to register with the community to create a ticket to submit to a live agent. Community account created but nothing sent to my registered email. And I don’t think I can access a live agent without the email registration. My SIM card is locked and I can’t make any out going calls. Please help!

17 REPLIES 17

@Fooosh 

Actually this seems to make sense once I read @softech 's reply of how to submit a ticket via Simple--Simon. I'm not quite sure of the order you put them in but appears you need to use the PUK code to unlock the screen to enter sim card unlock pin or vice versa. But you get my drift....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Fooosh : Is your phone set to use a PIN with the SIM? Like in my A31 running A11 - Settings/Biometrics & security/Other security settings/Set up SIM card lock. (mine's off)

@Fooosh wrote:

I turned off my phone and when I turned it back on the phone asked for the PUK again. I entered the one given to me and it wouldn’t work. I was then told to use another series of numbers which worked and then the original numbers worked again

Weird.. l next time , make a note and let us know the exact error message..

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Fooosh 

Weird. Well keep those two sets of numbers handy and see if that continues to work for you when you put them in the phone in that order but be careful to not keep using them if they fail to work in that sequence. If that happens you will have to contact customer support again.

Fooosh

I turned off my phone and when I turned it back on the phone asked for the PUK again. I entered the one given to me and it wouldn’t work. I was then told to use another series of numbers which worked and then the original numbers worked again

@Fooosh 

We're you given a unique code? Every time my A3 powers off I get the unlock screen but I have always just used the default pin #.

Edit:

This is what I get:

Screenshot_20210827-130125.png

Fooosh

The problem was solved. Until I turned off my phone and after turning it on the SIM PUK code requirement came back and you can’t use the same one that unlocked it before. What’s happening?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Fooosh   So, this PM SIM has been working before and suddenly just locked?  Have you been using a PIN on your SIM card?

Fooosh

I hope so. This came at a very bad time close to a launch where I need to be in communication with a lot of people.

@Fooosh 

Usually within the hour you will see a reply. Sometimes 10 minutes. A week ago I had a reply within an hour....after normal business hours so that was a surprise!

Fooosh

I just sent a private message. I’m hoping someone at CS sees it right away. I have provided all the information along with error message in the private message

@Fooosh 

I dont dance the silly swirl with Simple--Simon. Just follow my instructions on how to send a private message.

@Fooosh   Yes, click on one of the option provided... depends on the error you got

or you can click on this in exact order
SIM card PIN

PUK locked

Contact Us

Click here to submit a ticket↗

and what was the exact error you see on your screen?

What brand of phones?  any chance it was carrier locked ?  if so, you have to request from your previous carrier

Fooosh

I clicked the link you provided and it brought me back in circles to Simon. Public Mobile can’t verify my pin so there’s no ticket to submit. I can’t get a hold of any agent to speak with. There’s no email to sent it ( not even the private one your link sends me to). My error messages states “Your SIM cannot be accessed. Please call your carrier to obtain PUK code.” That’s the exact wording with “10 attempts remaining” above the code box. What now?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Fooosh 

Currently while the community goes thru a major update you cannot get email notifications of private messages from customer support. They will send an SMS text but since you cannot recieve that text you can supply an alternate phone number or just keep an eye on the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen next to your avatar for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA.

I suggest you use the private messaging option for contact as it serves me quite well.

Spoiler

Send a private message...   Contact the CSA's (formerly moderators) by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the CSA's (formerly moderators.) Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the CSA/Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the CSA's (formerly moderators) click below
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Which PUK do you need?  there are 3 different ones

what was the exact message?  depends on the type of message you got you will would find the PUK from different source. 

If you want to start with PM , you can open a ticket with this direct link:

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Oyn1L6

Here are the info with the different SIM PIN/PUK messages you might encounter:

Spoiler

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

“PIN unlock key (PUK)” or "Enter PUK Your SIM cannot be accessed" is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card.

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card.

If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.

Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

Only Public Mobile's moderators can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot. Public Mobile's moderators can be contacted at the following address: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

Need Help? Let's chat.