cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM states number ported. Nothing works but outgoing calls

sandor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've sent a message to PM, but no reply.  I'm trying to work on private message with @Mary_M but its slow going back and forth.  I hope any of the other MODs @Shazia_K@Val_T , @MarieHelene_L, @Simon_O can help as well as I need my phone asap for work.

Hopefully this will help:

My account shows up as being ported. Outgoing calls are all I can do and they show up on screens as my ported number.  I have no internet, or texting abilities.  I am unable to receive calls ("this number is unable to receive incoming calls")

• It is a unlocked phone. It originally was with Telus and unlocked to use as such with Rogers.  The phone shows Public mobile as carrier  and I changed the APN settings as per PM instructions.
  • The phone is Iphone 4s.   Before I ordered the PM SIM card and activated my accout, I did check if my phone works on PM network. It got comfirmed.
  • I ordered SIM card through Public Mobile
  • I used the SIM card on my wife's unlocked (and currently with PM) Iphone 6s and experienced same problems.  
  • My Rogers SIM card no longer works and it looks as though the account has been automatically shut down due to the supposed successful port

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!!

11 REPLIES 11

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @sandor,

I have received your replies and I will get back to you shortly - keep an eye on your private messages.

Regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

sandor

@Nsk143  i think  my message confused you, apologies....  my wife's 6s works perfectly.  her number was ported and it was up and running within minutes.  my 4S is the problem.

her working sim doesn't work in my phone.

my sim doesn't work in my phone or her's.

i'm not sure if its my sim or if its the 4s phone.....

if its the phone, shouldn't my sim work in her phone that is set up properly??

Nsk143
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
You will connect its just won't connect LTE network and about iPhone 6s
My brother was using 6s he was having hard time too. Then he tried network reset which helps sometime if not then full backup your phone connect usb leave itune open and do a full factory reset. Hopefully this will work.
IPhone 6s unlocked or telus koodo right.

sandor

@Nsk143  the odd thing is my sim won't work even in my wife's iphone 6s.  

my phone worked fine previously on the telus network, and it says carrier: public mobile.....

sandor

thanks @ShawnC13 i can appreciate that.  it is tough to work out an issue when only being able to correspond 2x over a 24 hour period, so I was hoping someone else may have a suggestion.  i also saw other posts have a few MODs give their thoughts, and thought i'd try.  

PM is a bit confusing for a first timer having issues and i'm sure you can understand me wanting to expedite the solution as i'm trying to work without access to my phone.

sandor

thank you for that link.  i've set up the phone as suggested (i ported over my wife's number on her iphone and it worked immediately) and it shows the carrier as PM.  i'd assume that's not the problem.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@sandor, seeing as how you are working with Mary, that is who you are working with.  Another MOD will not jump in and takeover as they will all be busy with the other members issues.  There is no need to tag all 5 people as they all get notified when one is tagged.

^^^ This

I'm afraid the odds aren't good that retired moderator Val_T will come back to help, although that would not be entirely unprecedented.  Cat Wink

Nsk143
Agreed with @ShawnC13
Wait for her reply hopefully she Will get back to you.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@sandor, seeing as how you are working with Mary, that is who you are working with.  Another MOD will not jump in and takeover as they will all be busy with the other members issues.  There is no need to tag all 5 people as they all get notified when one is tagged.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Iphone-4S/td-p/2661

The post i have put above is in this community, and a bit old.  It may provide you some support.

Nsk143
Sorry to hear.
Since you already send a msg to mod and also tagged pretty much all mod team. Hopefully they will get back to you soon. Already closed for now hopefully tomorrow.
Also iPhone 4s is that lte phone ? If you goto in setting and network do you see lte option ?
Just googled it iPhone 4s doesn't have lte chip. So just to let you know if you pick a plan which have data more likely you won't be able to connect to lte network.
Need Help? Let's chat.