cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM doesn't use the nearest expiring data first

fireflykite
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm disappointed. With about a week left in my last cycle it appeared I'd run out of data when looking at my account (though I hadn't had it cut out), but I needed it for the work I do. I used points for a 1gb add on that would expire in 30 days, and I hoped that in the next cycle it would use that data first before my plan data. As it is, my plan data is used, and I have 2/3 left of the 1 gb and 14 days to use it, so for the last week of my plan I'll be out of data. My account does now show a bucket of promo data (no expiry given) 90% used that was missing last time I checked my account... Pretty disappointed in this system and seriously considering switching to a company that will roll over my data and not use a tight expiry window for add-ons. Preferably one that's clearer on usage too.

3 REPLIES 3

szu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@fireflykite 

Understand your frustrating situation.  Public mobile always will use the plan's data bucket first, then any add ons with expirary date and then add ons without expirary date. 

As mentioned, if you run out of data often, it is cheaper and more convenient to upgrade your plan.  See what plans are available via your self service account.  Existing customers have personalized plan offers in their account. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@fireflykite 

PM is a prepaid service so you can leave anytime you like but better to leave near the end of your next cycle as there are no refund on unused days.

You can login to your account and under the Subscription tab>Manage Subscription >Change Subscription. You might have an option to change to the $23 plan with 6gb at 4G.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @fireflykite 

It's hard running out of data sometimes then having to purchase addons as well. I'm not sure what plan you're on but just know this, you can change your plan at any time without penalties. If you need the data right away, you can have it set to change now. 1GB of data in Canada is $15. So if you upgrade your plan to one that has more data, if the play is roughly $15 ish, it has much more value in getting a ton more data than 1GB for $15. Make sense?

Need Help? Let's chat.