cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM $15 vs Koodo $15

thecynic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was comparing Public Mobile's offerings to Koodo's prepaid plans, and I noticed a small difference:

Public Mobile's $15 / mo plan doesn't say whether or not it has unlimited calls, while Koodo's $15 / mo plan does.

Is this true, or was it just not mentioned in that plan's description on the PM website?

7 REPLIES 7

Trying to figure out what they are worth moving forward 🤔.  Is 1 point still 1 point 1. 

Who else 'rewards ' its customers  no matter how small. 🙏

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@thecynic 

Both are identical, unlimited incoming calls, unlimited texting and 100 minutes outgoing calls.

The only difference is the cost for Add-ones for data or extra calling minutes. I would think it would be cheaper with PM but Koodo will offer live customer service support whereas PM is an online self serve.

Also, Koodo will have automatic Roaming when you go down to the USA so expect charges when you go down.

PM you need to purchase Roaming for service to work so no unexpected charges.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@thecynic .but with Public mobile you get rewards points , to lower the cost of your plan .they are the best . 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

The plans are identical. Koodo is clearly marked. 

You are correct,  it does not state how the 100 minutes are used; inbound or out. Nor does it state unlimited inbound calls.

Plus Koodo has roaming whereas PM only has with purchase of US only add-on. 

thecynic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I know that; Koodo claims the same thing, but that they allow unlimited incoming calls. Since Telus owns both Koodo and PM, I was wondering if the plans were identical, but someone just didn't write in the correct info on the PM website.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@thecynic wrote:

I was comparing Public Mobile's offerings to Koodo's prepaid plans, and I noticed a small difference:

Public Mobile's $15 / mo plan doesn't say whether or not it has unlimited calls, while Koodo's $15 / mo plan does.

Is this true, or was it just not mentioned in that plan's description on the PM website?

Unlimited Incoming, but only 100 Outgoing minutes. The $25 Has Unlimited Canada wide calls.

ed

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

PM $15 plan has only 100 outgoing call minutes. Unlimited incoming calls, though.

SMS/MMS in/out is domestic and international and unlimited.

Need Help? Let's chat.