cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharge

somsom0001
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have set my autopay with Public mobile with one bank account and I have been charged on that for my opted plan. However, I noticed few days ago that on my other bank account (which is not even registered with Public mobile) a monthly charge of $17.45 is being deducted since November 2021. I contacted my bank branch about this and they told me that they can't do anything unless they get a confirmation from public mobile sorting this issue.

7 REPLIES 7

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Don't tells us somebody is charging you for more than a year ANY amount of money and you did NOT take any action earlier?!?!?

Only credit card can be charged by PM. $17.45 does not correspond to any PM plan (plan+tax).

somsom0001

multiple times. and no, that never happened.

@somsom0001 was it a one time charge on that account?? or multiple times??

P occasionally have some Autopay problem. Usually people will try the put in another card temporary to make sure the payment able to go through and  resume service.  Any chance that might be the case and you have to use that account one time??

somsom0001

I started noticing it in my bank statement and saw that this account has been charged since November 2021. It is a visa debit. I have never used this bank account as my bill has been set up on AutoPay since 2019. I don't remember creating an additional account and I believe I have been using the same PM account ever since.

somsom0001

Its only me who uses this card. I have submitted a ticket to Public Mobile. But thank you for your suggestion! Appreciate it!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@somsom0001 2021?? that was long time ago!!  Not sure if you can trace back that far 

PM system  can only store one card at a time. If that bank account was next added to the system, there is no way PM has access to it and able to charge from m that account. 

So, it is a bit of investigation for you.  Did you ever use that bank account to pay PM bill briefly?? Did you ever have more than one PM account and maybe you added that bank account on that 2nd PM account??

and, that is a Visa Debit ?? or Credit card ??

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@somsom0001  - Whoa! Since November 2021?

Do you have multiple accounts using this card? If not, is sounds like a ghost account may have happened during an activation.

Not sure what public will do with past charges, but get to the bottom of this if this is not an account you expect to be paying for. 

Submit a ticket with CSA asap to investigate.

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Need Help? Let's chat.