cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overbilling?

LorraineMM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The day I opened my account, Public Mobile charged me 28.25 three times on my credit card. Was that a mistake or will it be credited to my account? I don't see it when I look on my account.

7 REPLIES 7

@LorraineMM wrote:

I went to a store and they set up my account. They had some problems setting it up. The three charges only show on my credit card and not on my PM account. I have submitted a ticket and hopefully will hear from them soon to straighten it out.

Yes, likely 3 accounts were created out of it.  It's good to sort it out now, if now, you will see it pay 3 times on the next billing date as likely Autopay were enabled on all of them.  

LorraineMM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I went to a store and they set up my account. They had some problems setting it up. The three charges only show on my credit card and not on my PM account. I have submitted a ticket and hopefully will hear from them soon to straighten it out.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@LorraineMM   It is possible.  Do you recall seeing some error (maybe Error 821) and you have to try reactivate again?  There is a chance that in all those "failed" activations, PM has already charged your credit card.  

But no worry, you just need to open a ticket with PM support and they will investigate and will arrange refund

1. If you have access to My account: Click https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Do you see three charges on your self serve in transactions, on your card or both? 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@LorraineMM 

Did you have problems in making a payment but had problems?

You will need to contact a CS_Agent for a refund or leave it as credit for future payments.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you have multiple problems when you were trying to activate?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@LorraineMM  - what are the dates of these charges, recent or older?

Credit cards companies can show both Pending and Authorized/Approved charges. Sometimes there are multiple Pending charges showing during activations or renewals, but when the payment gets authorized, the incorrect amounts will fall away, then the real one will stay.

If these end up being Authorized/Approved charges and the extra funds are not showing in your Available funds area, then contact Public Mobile Customer Support Representatives (CSA).

There are 2 ways to reach CSA, found here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Need Help? Let's chat.