cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of service notification 6UT1

Motz22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For the last few days I've had the same problem. Trying to phone my son, I get a notification that says his number is out of service (code 6UT1), However, his phone is working fine. We are able to text and I have no issues with any other number.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Motz22 

Does toggling into and out of airplane mode help at all?

You may also try to perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

Perhaps also try manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) for dropping or unable to make incoming/outgoing calls

If issues persist, submit a ticket with CSA by either method found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Motz22 

There have been network service issues in western Canada for the past week. Although it appears the issue has been resolved the fix has been to remove the SIM card from the phone and put it in another phone and reboot. Remove the SIM card and put it back in the phone.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Motz22 is he not getting incoming calls and texts at all?  if so, try to get another phone and put the PM sim there, it will trigger a reprovision of the SIM/account and it could resolve the issue.  if you do not have a spare phone around, you will then need to open a ticket with PM support and have them do this on the system 

Need Help? Let's chat.