cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of Cell Service Range Frustrations

VHN
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently in cell service, which is letting me try and use support and support has been frustrating as there is no way to talk to someone right now but just wait on a ticket or a reply here.

To outline my issue: I moved to a place without cell service, and we come into town for groceries once a month or so which is the only time, if I bring my laptop and phone, that I can try and resolve something. A wait time doesn't do it for me since by the time I get home, I can't log into anything because it tries to send a text to my phone to confirm and there is no cell service out there, so I'm waiting a month to respond to anything.

My current issue is that I lose my number and account if I can't renew, and the website isn't accepting my MasterCard debit card payment information with an error message as follows:

"Oops! We encountered an error processing your request.

There was an issue updating your card information at this time. Please try again later or reach out to support if the problem persists."

I can't just go back home and wait for this to resolve, as then it'll ask me to check my phone for a text code that I can't check because I'll be back out of service again. I don't want to lose my number or account, but I feel the depressing reality is that there is no option for me but to lose my number at which point I might as well just close my Public Mobile account as preserving the number was part of why I was maintaining my account, so that people I don't have contact info for any other way would still be able to reach me once a month if necessary, and now I can't even text any of them as I need to renew and CAN'T because the website is having an error and by the time the ticket I just made gets a response on it, I'll be at home and unable to log in and reply to it due to 2FA.

Just making this desperate cry from the wilderness in the hopes there is some solution possible here.

7 REPLIES 7

VHN

I hadn't been able to set it up where I live, which is as I mentioned out of cell service range so to set it up I needed to confirm from a text, wouldn't let me do it from an email.

I have, however, managed to resolve the issue! There are no chain pharmacies in the closest place to me with cell service, and the only convenience stores are small town gas station ones that don't have Public Mobile vouchers (checked both of them before starting this thread and DMing support). Luckily an alternate card I don't use any more was able to be activated and applied, but for some reason it still won't take my default card. Either way, the issue is resolved although I hope to be able to activate my actual card on the account at some point, no clue why it wouldn't activate here when I've never had a website reject it before for any goods or services before Public Mobile.

maurelle
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Have you actually set up your eversafe account?

If so, you can also get your 6 digit code via email. on the screen with the 6 boxes click on "didn't get my code", it then should show you the e-mail option to click on.

I second the voucher idea mentioned. No idea where you are, but shoppers drug mart has been a good source. You might even ask at the convenience store of your choice, they likely don't advertise it but with the right key words the employee might be willing to check their prepaid phone card terminal if they have one.

I have used muskbird (link in the post above). Works like a charm. There's also recharge.com, but I think their fees are slightly higher?

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@VHN   I believe I have seen this possibility mentioned in the forums, you may want to check it out

https://www.muskbird.com/mobile+recharge/public-mobile/ 

VHN

I asked the agent the same question, whether there was somewhere online to get vouchers. Waiting on a reply.

@VHN   I believe there is a way to get vouchers online, while I try to find where that was mentioned you could send a private message to customer support and hope they get back quickly before you have to set off home again.  Check your community inbox for their reply, either at the envelope icon or see Messages at your avatar

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

VHN

Sadly no, "in town" is a place with under a thousand people compared to where I live that has less than 50, so there isn't any Public Mobile voucher vendor anywhere.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@VHN   Is there anywhere in town that sells Public Mobile vouchers?  If so you could pay by voucher on 611 or via your account online (there are other ways to get vouchers as well so someone may be along with another suggestion).

Need Help? Let's chat.