cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone says my sim is Unregistered, not sure why this happened all of a sudden

Brodies1000
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Today was using my cell, hung up from one call, tried to make another, 6 hours later I'm here still with zero service, I'm disgusted

7 REPLIES 7

Paul_1958

Hi, I tried the sim in a new Iphone 14 as well and only showed SOS. No service.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Brodies1000 

Are you on the $15 plan? If you are then you may have used up your 100 minutes of outgoing calls.

@Brodies1000 wrote:

Tried both of those 

No luck 

@Brodies1000 if your phone is not blacklisted, and you tried your sim card into another phone, then log into My Account to check the status of your account/plan. 

Or, when you call 611 (or # 1-855-478-2542 or # 1-855-4PUBLIC from another device) what does it tell you? 

If your account is in Active status, try cleaning the contact points of the sim card and reinsert it into your phone, see if that helps.

Brodies1000

Tried both of those 

No luck 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Brodies1000 

maybe your account didn't renew correctly. is today your renewal date?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Brodies1000 

It's rare a SIM card dies however it does happen depending on it's age. The SIM card could have been dislodged inside. Try taking the SIM card out, re holster it, insert and reboot. If that doesn't bring you back, then if you have access to another phone, try it in there. If it doesn't work, could be a few options. The SIM has crapped out. Or your account could be in bad standings. Let us know.....

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Try your sim in another phone. Also, have a look at devicecheck.ca to rule that out.

Need Help? Let's chat.