cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out going calls not working

jimmiedmc85
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When i dial a call it tells me I've used up all my minutes but I have unlimited calls so wtf? How do I get this fixed when theres no people to talk too?

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh come on we're all grown-ups here. And the kids have heard it all anyway. And the kiddie kids aren't reading this anyway 🙂

@Meow  I love these!!! 1 & 6

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@jimmiedmc85 wrote:

When i dial a call it tells me I've used up all my minutes but I have unlimited calls so wtf? How do I get this fixed when theres no people to talk too?

Most issues are easy to fix.

1. Do not swear

2. Search forum for similar issue(s). Read resolution suggestion. Try them...

3. Ask question in Community

4. Wait few minutes and somebody will suggest resolution

5. If advise did not resolve your issue, wait few more minutes and you will definitely get few other advises.

6. Do not curse...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jimmiedmc85 

This would be considered a minor provisioning issue which means you should be able to solve it yourself. Run thru this list of troubleshooting tips testing after each one til you can make a call out.

1. Reboot your phone. ( You should do this once a week anyways.)
  2. Toggle airplane mode on/off.
  3. Remove SIM card and set aside. Check for any dirt or debris in the SIM slot. Check the SIM card for dirt or damage and gently clean with a little alcohol and a cotton swab. After 10 minutes reseat the SIM card making sure the SIM fits snugly in the SIM slot. Use a paper shim or a little tape to secure it in slot/tray. Reinsert in the phone and reboot.
  4. Perform a network reset.
  5. Clear the cache of the troublesome apps. Perform device maintenance.*
  6. Add a payment of at least $1 to your account balance.
  7. Log in to your self serve account. Go to the plans or usage page. Click on lost/stolen. Suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Log out and Reboot.**
  8. Contact customer support via Simple--Simon or private message.

* Skip for your issue.

**Caution an effective method but your rewards will not apply upon renewal and you will have to contact customer support and ask them to apply your rewards manually to your account.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@jimmiedmc85   this has been a common issue last two days

Please try reboot your phone

or add 1 in front of the number you are calling eg. 1-519-123-4567

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jimmiedmc85 

To get the obvious out of the way...you used ( +1 or 1 ) in front of the country code,

Sometimes there are some extra leading zero's in country codes and "foreign" area codes.

Maybe try not using leading zeros.

Make sure your phone is off before removing and reinserting its SIM card.

do one thing rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and at public mobile you can't talk to Customer Support Agent, you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Service by CS_Agent. Click Here to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Service by CS_Agent, by Click Here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Service by CS_Agent, will Response by private message to you inbox
     Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jimmiedmc85 wrote:

@jimmiedmc85 

That has happened to me a few times a few months ago.

A reboot seemed to reset things.

Also, do a Reset of your Network Settings.

I never had to contact the Public Mobile CSA's about it, it seems to diminish and resolve itself on it's own.

But if adding a '1' does not help complete the call and you continue to get this message without calls completing, I would inquire with CSA.

Two methods to reach them here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone.  Also try dialing 1 + area code.

Need Help? Let's chat.