cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oreo update OPM1.18104.234 for Telus Essential out...

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The update finally came out for Telus. Security update, bluetooth fixes, and support for MQA (Master Quality Audio).

Still monitoring for any major issues.... none so far.

5 REPLIES 5

@computergeek541 wrote:

It'll be interesting if this update breaks the ability to add a new APN.

That broke long ago. 

@ckl wrote:

I did this (put in another carrier's sim) on the previous update as well, but then I experienced issues with signal and although it's probably not due to the update, there could be a small remote chance that it was. Maybe Telus delayed the update because they need to tweak it for better reception? Probably not, but I'm hopeful... I'll see within the next few days whether I get those annoying constant switching between LTE and LTE+ while the phone is just sitting there.

I notice that too.  It seems like the algorithm is forever seeking the optimum connection. 

It'll be interesting if this update breaks the ability to add a new APN.

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I did this (put in another carrier's sim) on the previous update as well, but then I experienced issues with signal and although it's probably not due to the update, there could be a small remote chance that it was. Maybe Telus delayed the update because they need to tweak it for better reception? Probably not, but I'm hopeful... I'll see within the next few days whether I get those annoying constant switching between LTE and LTE+ while the phone is just sitting there.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

yes Telus is slow getting it out. I put my work Roberts sim in and got it awhile ago. Wish Telus would get better

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.