cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate Phone Number Regex Help

chanrobi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Still getting this error trying to port my number. Tried different computers and different browsers. Would love to get this solved....

5 REPLIES 5

imcphers
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@chanrobi

Try checking the I am authorized box first.

Then put in account # from Telus

Then put in authorization name

Alternate phone # is another phone # where you can be reached if there is an issue.

Do not put in IMEI and don't put in the PIN - try with just the basic info that I mentioned above.

chanrobi

So i've activated a new line and number, and it works.

I got to my 'plans and add-ons' tab, then go to 'change phone number' (this is all in my incognito page),

I go to transfer number... fill out

alternate phone  (is this the number I am trying to port?)

and

authorization name (name on my telus account bill?)

I check "I am authorized to transfer this phone number"

but it just gives me a red error stating "you must be authorized to transfer this phone number"

.... what do I do?

concordia88

You have to make sure your old account is still active before you make the move.  Otherwise, your port will not be complete.

imcphers
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

See this post by @imm1304

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Re-UPDATE-Only-10-days-left-to-get-our...

Give it a try it worked for the other user he was helping!

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @chanrobi!

Activate a new line with a new number.  Port your number to PM from selfserve once you have the line up and running.  

Start in Google Chrome with a new incognito window.  

Go to activation page.  If you are not able to select a new number, then selecte a different province for your address and try again.  Also, verify that the first name field does not have more than 11 characters.  These things can be updated later to reflect your correct info from selfserve later.  

Need Help? Let's chat.