cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered a sim card, haven't received it yet

Elsam
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello everyone,

I'm a bit worried as I ordered a sim card more than 10 days ago and still haven't received anything. The only email I got was the one confirming my order. I opened a ticket last week but no one ever replied to me.
I need that sim card for Friday , so I might end up trying to buy somewhere else.

How do I cancel my order and get refunded?

Thank you

E.

16 REPLIES 16

Naser5654
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ordered a SIM card on May 2 (order number 342444), I have not received it. I do not know how to send private message. Tis has been nightmare. pleas help

@Elsam wrote:

Update : went to buy a Sim card. And agent talked to me in pm and is willing to give me credit for the other sim card I haven't received yet. 

@Elsam , that’s great to know! I’m happy that it worked out for you. This gives you plenty of time for Friday! Thank you for updating us.

If there’s anything else we can help you with please let us know.

Elsam

Update : went to buy a Sim card. And agent talked to me in pm and is willing to give me credit for the other sim card I haven't received yet. 

@Elsam wrote:

I opened a ticket as advised, and will ask if I can get a refund. I desperately need that Sim card by Friday, so I'll try to find a Telus or Koodo store near my. 

Thank you everyone! 

@Elsam a customer support agent will likely ask you to wait a bit longer for the SIM card to come in, and when you buy one at at store, keep the receipt and provide it to the agent. They will likely provide a credit on your account once you activate rather then refunding.

Then when you receive the SIM you can kept as a spare (could come in handy on lost or damaged phone/sim), or offer it up as a referral or someone looking to activate.

@Elsam wrote:

I will try to go to a store today or tomorrow. Thank you! I should have done that in the first place, but I didn't know it would take that long. I'll keep you posted. 

@Elsam , please don’t forget to submit another support ticket to ask if a CSA will refund your money letting them know that you need to activate your account by Friday & going to purchase a SIM card at anTelus/Koodo store. There’s no guarantee but it would be a nice gesture. If in the meantime you receive the SIM card in the mail after purchasing another one you will have an extra one in case you lose 1 or want to pass it on to someone.

Edit: Telus/Koodo store locator

Elsam

I will try to go to a store today or tomorrow. Thank you! I should have done that in the first place, but I didn't know it would take that long. I'll keep you posted. 

Only corporate Telus/Koodo stores and Mobile Klinik might have the sims. Click on the Find a store link down below to find them.

Elsam

I'm located in Vancouver BC. 

@Elsam wrote:

Oh wow three weeks! I'll try your solution, I definitely can't wait three weeks! I only bought it because it said 5 to 10 days on the website... 

@Elsam , if there’s a Telus/Koodo store near you that has a Public Mobile SIM card that you can purchase then go home & Activate Service on here that’s much faster then any mail delivery service 🙂. That way you will have the SIM card when you need it for Friday.
Please let me know if you were able to get one. I’m hoping a CSA will refund your money for the purchase after you submit another support ticket.

@Elsam it depends really. Where you are. How quick PM is able to react to the order...etc. I received once within the 10 day period

What area abouts are you located, maybe someone has a spare they can offer you to get activated sooner.

Elsam

I opened a ticket as advised, and will ask if I can get a refund. I desperately need that Sim card by Friday, so I'll try to find a Telus or Koodo store near my. 

Thank you everyone! 

Elsam

Oh wow three weeks! I'll try your solution, I definitely can't wait three weeks! I only bought it because it said 5 to 10 days on the website... 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Elsam wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm a bit worried as I ordered a sim card more than 10 days ago and still haven't received anything. The only email I got was the one confirming my order. I opened a ticket last week but no one ever replied to me.
I need that sim card for Friday , so I might end up trying to buy somewhere else.

How do I cancel my order and get refunded?

Thank you

E.

@Elsam , do you have a Telus/Koodo store anywhere nearby you? If so please call & ask if they have a Public Mobile SIM card there that you could purchase & ask a Public Mobile CSA on here when you submit a new ticket if they will refund your money for the SIM card. It’s worth trying.

Edit: It took over 3 weeks for me to receive my SIM card in the mail from Public Mobile which is delivered through Canada Post with no tracking!

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Even though delivery time should be (as per PM) 5-10 business days, some customers experience longer time.

I suggest you wait another week and after that contact agent for a replacement or an explanation where is your card.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Elsam - a week ago is too long to wait for a response.. reply to the ticket you submitted to get an update. If you didn't get a response, go to your SENT message under your Message/Inbox area and respond to that one.

They should respond back to you.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Elsam 

Sim card delivery from PM online could be as many as 3 weeks

Wait till  over 10 business day, you can then open ticket with PM support to confirm if they got the order and if the sim card is on the way

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Sim card order", then click "Contact Us",  then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.