cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order of Minute Usage & Add-ons

ETusesPublic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My husband got a '10 minutes left' warning while talking on the phone. It was a Canada to Canada call.

His plan*: 100/100 CW minutes (used up)

Holiday Bonus: 500 LD minutes 0/500  min left)

*I know the plan minutes are used first. I just did a 500 min Add-on. Which is used first? The Add-on or Holiday?

Why is he getting a warning if he still has 'back-up' minutes left? Thanks & Happy Holidays 🎉

3 REPLIES 3

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Once you run out of mins you wont be able to call out, so no unexpected charges. I am thinking that the warning you got is automated and does not know if you have any add-ons in your account. If you have the Holiday add-on, it will be used as soon as you run out of your 100 outgoing mins.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ETusesPublic...

once your regular plan minutes are exhausted, then the $5 / 500 minutes add-on get used for all calls to Cdn numbers.

The Holiday minutes will be used when the regular plan minutes run out and when 500/$5 minutes run out.

Of course, when you plan renews...then you get a fresh batch of regular plan minutes again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ETusesPublic : The plan minutes are used first. I quite like the 10 minutes left with limited minutes.

The data is all in. I would prefer to have it also tell me I only have a percentage left of the plan data.

Edit: The CW add-on would be used for CW calls. The Holiday minutes would be used for US or other or if no CW add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.