cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One specific friend isn't receiving texts or calls

xtina90
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have one contact in my phone who, up until about 3 weeks ago, was receiving my texts just fine. Seemingly out of the blue he stopped receiving my texts. I can still receive his but anything I send him doesn't come through and if I call him it rings on my end but not his. He also won't receive the voicemails I leave. He has contacted his carrier, changed carriers, and we have both done everything we can think of to remedy the situation (neither of us are blocked, we've blocked and unblocked each other just in case, deleted and reinstalled apps, cleared caches, ect) Anyone have any idea what's going on? Seems to be just an issue between him and I. 

6 REPLIES 6

@xtina90  glad it helps!!

what was done was that by putting your sim in another phone, it forces a sim card reprovision on the system.  That helped to reset the account on the backend.   Cheers

xtina90
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Switched my SIM to my boyfriends phone and texted the specific contact just fine. Put my SIM back into my phone and now I can text that contact again. Thanks for the input, turns out I just needed to take out my SIM and put it back in. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The blocked idea suggests another thought. Can you turn on the hide your number feature and then try calling. Unless he has that option of blocking all unknown callers turned on.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@xtina90 

Maybe your friend accidentally added you to a blocked list... have them double check that option in their contacts.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@xtina90 he changed carrier for you for this issue?? You two must be buddies

>I call him it rings on my end but not his. He also won't receive the 

you really meant you call him and your end rings???

I think it helps to try a different phones on both your friend and yours.  Get a phone from another friend, you put your sim in the test phone and he put his in his test phone and see if it helps.  This is to rule out any chance of a device issue on either end

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Are you using his contact to contact? Try straight dialing. Maybe delete him as a contact and straight dial.

Need Help? Let's chat.