cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Month of awesomeness

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So I am at my 1 month with PM and if asked one word to describe PM: Awesome. 

I live in downtown Toronto, work in Mississauga (backwards right?)... both areas greatly covered. Everything in between great for calls (hands free too while driving). I've been to Toronto Island in the past month and 99% coverage, the 1% disapeared for a few seconds but reappeared, so no issues. All calls are clear with no issues. I can speak via speaker phone and still have no issues (past with Rogers, my GF couldnt hear me on speaker while she was driving, now she can). 

Data is strong, always on LTE with no worries. About 1g used this month with 0 restrictions, I am actually able to use the internet for searching stuff and not having to worry about hitting a cap (I was at 500mb before for more $$). I even let my younger brother tether to me to play PoGo. Much more flexibity, even moreso that I can say I have about 5g for the last 2 months ... I might want to stream live music from my phone in the car! that will be nice from the same stuff over and over (I am anti radio ... I hate commercials; Google music all the way); anyone try this to see how fast it is used up? 

All texts are sent. never a missed one.

Savings are great ... getting about 15% less cost (more with rewards) for much more service. Everything is great. Even the support from what I have seen is quick and the team at PM forums are great (I cannot speak for the email side as I have no need to ever go that route). the other PM users are great too for quick questions. 

PM you are Awesome!

4 REPLIES 4

danette77
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Chaos_Scorpio That's great to hear, wishing you many more months of awesomeness! I've been with Public Mobile for over 5 months of awesomeness. So far so good.

@ckl wrote:

But still, I read an article on the CBC that said in Denmark, you can get 20 hrs talk anytime, text, and 20GB of data per month for $22. Yeah.... 20GB data!

So while PM plans may look very good, we still have a ways to go.

20 hours talk anytime is because in Europe there is no such thing as free nights, weekends, or calling circle calls. You are billed for every minute you use (in addition to any termination rates that may be applicable, very few people only pay $22)

The other thing which is just kinda sad is lack of high speed data. Having 20GB is great if you could use it. Denmark coverage looks really spotty though.

http://daekning.tdc.dk/tdcnetmap_ext_tile/Default/mobile

https://www.3.dk/abonnementer/dakning/

Ask those Mobilicity / Wind clients how often they ever came close to their 10GB / 20GB data caps

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I would agree. PM is probably the best value out there right now in Canada if you want a decent amount of data.

But still, I read an article on the CBC that said in Denmark, you can get 20 hrs talk anytime, text, and 20GB of data per month for $22. Yeah.... 20GB data!

http://vancouversun.com/news/staff-blogs/why-are-canadian-cell-phone-rates-among-highest-in-world

So while PM plans may look very good, we still have a ways to go.

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Glad you're having an excellent experience with public. I also had the same feelings after signing up and coming from wind / mobilicity all I can say it was a night and day experience. 

Public mobile is fantastic!

Need Help? Let's chat.