cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Older account, recent problem : no incoming voice or text, but outgoing works.

ChristopheM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have had an account with Public Mobile for several years now, with basically no changes in plan and the same phone. Recently I have been unable to receive incoming text messages and voice calls, but outgoing texts and calls go through correctly.  

I have tried the following: restarting phone, updating phone (already up to date), reseting phone network and wifi settings, taking out the SIM card, activating/deactivating data, activating/deactivating airplane mode, activating/deactivating do not disturb mode, clearing cache, checking that my account is active and paid. Is there anything else I should try?

17 REPLIES 17

@darlicious   Thanks for confirming that the rewards still get affected when enabling lost/stolen mode.  I've rarely used that option, so wasn't sure if the glitch had finally been fixed with the updated self serve account.

ChristopheM

Thanks for the suggestion; I had not tried restarting while the SIM card was out. Still not working though. I have a ticket open with customer service now, so hopefully they'll sort it out.  

ryjawar77
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Also going to recommend removing your SIM card, restarting your phone, and putting SIM back in. 99% of time, this fixed most issues. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

Yes...the lost/stolen rewards glitch still applies to $$ rewards account holders requiring customer support contact to have them apply the rewards. It does not affect points program customers.

@ChristopheM 

Yes, if you created a ticket on SIMon Chatbot. You will have to wait for reply from a CS_Agent on the envelope icon above.

You can also private message them on the envelope icon.

Staff are available from 6:00am to 10:00pm EST so keep your eyes on the envelope icon.

@ChristopheM 

Yes that's the way to go.  If you have trouble doing that, you can also send a private message to CS_Agent

ChristopheM

What is the best way to contact a CS agent? I am trying to do it via the SIMon virtual assistant, is that fine? 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ChristopheM 

Thank you for your confirmation.  I know it it a long shot. But I like to rule it out first.

Create a support ticket by using the Chatbot(SIMon) link at the bottom of this page.

ChristopheM

Oh, that is good to know! I'll try asking Customer Service to refresh my account first though, just in case this whole Lost/Stolen trick affects other stuff and needs more fixing up.  

@ChristopheM 

Ok then get a hold of CS_Agent like I suggested before at the beginning.

Ask them to reset / reprovision your sim card again.

ChristopheM

I ported my account 3 years ago. Calls and texts have been working all that time. 

Sounds like trying to refresh the account is the more likely route to try. 

ChristopheM

Just tried it and no change

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ChristopheM 

You said that you have an old PM account.  But I like to confirm whether you requested to port a phone number from other provider to PM or not.

If not, create a trouble ticket to ask CS Agent to refresh your account.

If yes, the other provider has not released your phone number to PM yet.  You will not receive any incoming text and call until your number is released to PM.  Let me know and will give you more instruction on the next step.

@ChristopheM   You've tried most of the possible suggestions so might be time to submit a ticket via chatbot to customer support here:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

One other thing to try is log into your account and put into Lost/Stolen mode (Quick Links or Profile), log out and then log back after a couple of minutes and this time Resume service, log out and reboot the phone.  This used to do a soft reprovision of the account and SIM and might help.  You might need to request customer support to add back any rewards which, in the past, used to get affected, although not sure if that still happens.

@ChristopheM 

Did you try using your browser in incognito mode or private mode before you tried that?.  It works best if you do that.

ChristopheM

Thanks for the suggestion. I just tested using the SMS identity validation Public Mobile sends on login in and still nothing.  

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@ChristopheM 

Try using your phone in 3G mode / network.   See if that works for you.

If that doesn't work then get a hold of CS_Agent and have them reset / reprovision your sim card for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.