cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old service cancelled and Public Mobile not connecting to phone

RD13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to switch my dad's phone to public mobile. I went through the registration and received and responded to a confirmation SMS from the old provider, but public mobile is not an option for an available network and the phone says it can only make emergency calls. How do I get it to connect to public mobile?

5 REPLIES 5

@hairbag1 wrote:

@RD13 

you had the old network sim in the phone and responded YES when prompted. Then you should put PM sim in phone, reboot and you should be good to go.

Porting isn't complete immediately after responding with the "YES" text message.  As for rebooting the phone, that needs to be done after the porting is complete.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@RD13   Just wondering, do you have a Public Mobile sim card?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@RD13 

When you replied with YES to the text from the old carrier. The old SIM will continue to work for about 2 hours. Once it stops working then power off the phone and switch to the PM SIM.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@RD13 

you had the old network sim in the phone and responded YES when prompted. Then you should put PM sim in phone, reboot and you should be good to go.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@RD13  If yournPM sim is not connecting at all submit  ticket with support to re provision the sim and refresh your account 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.