cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Rewards Program

SPIKE466
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am on a $25 plan with $6 per month in rewards. Final bill: $19.95 per month with taxes. 

If I switch to the $39/20GB plan, will I retain my rewards? If so, Final Bill $34.65 with taxes. 

Can anyone confirm? Thanks. 

13 REPLIES 13

BDover
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just adding another voice here (since we have nowhere else to do it) that this change is a giant middle finger to your customers. 
It's even more insulting that the change is not being communicated anywhere visible and a buried post on an unrelated topic is the only information we're receiving about it.

• Ty

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1 

I believe I saw a blurb about minutes add ons still rolling over every 30/90 days.

@J_PM  Yes thank for that data add on info about expending now after 30 days , I’m wondering does that apply to the mind add on also or just data @maximum_gato 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM wrote:

30 day data expiry applies to add-on purchased beyond today.  

PLEASE clarify: to ALL add-on purchases including long distance, US calls, etc, etc. or DATA Only????

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

Thank you for confirming that it applies to data add ons purchased going forward. But it is a disappointing change in policy. 

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

30 day data expiry applies to add-on purchased beyond today.  

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Ego 

Your rewards will only change if you choose to join the points program. Not by simply choosing a new plan offering.

@maximum_gato wrote:

@SPIKE466 

I would seek an answer from customer support about any promotional data add ons you may have though....since data add ons no longer roll over every 30 days rather expire 30 days after purchase. 

WOW! Another punch below the belt. Good catch!

Meow_0-1684951707471.png

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Your rewards are tied up with your Account, not plan so you will keep all reward, bonuses and add-ons (if any) when you switch plans.

Ego
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yes and no, it all depends on where the $off/points come from.

• if it’s from referrals, they remain the exact same.
  • you do lose the $2 auto pay bonus, but that gets “replaced” with the 10 points every 12 months. the quick math on that is $2 x 12 = $24 a year off, while you only get $10 off from points every year.
  • now the loyalty bonus gets you a $1 (1 point) payout instantly for every month you’ve been with public mobile
  • but you don’t get the $ value off every month. instead you get 5% of your bill back in points.
  • let’s say you got $4 (4 years) off for loyalty, just to get the same $off every month you need an $80 plan ($80 x 0.05 = $4) or for $2 (2 points) off a $40 plan ($40 x 0.05 =$2) 

so that’s all to say no you don’t get to keep your old benefits, they get converted and replaced by the new reward system entirely

ig if you have a high $ plan, no auto pay or loyalty and 5 referrals for your $6 off a month it would be worth it, otherwise probably not

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@SPIKE466 

I would seek an answer from customer support about any promotional data add ons you may have though....since data add ons no longer roll over every 30 days rather expire 30 days after purchase. With a new warning about promotional data being lost when changing your plan to a new plan it may cause you to lose your data add ons after 30 days or upon renewal? Your rewards are safe as long as you don't join the points program in your rewards account/page.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@SPIKE466  Yes you get to keep old rewards there Tied to your account not ur plan 

Add 

Handy1_0-1684948142546.png

Need Help? Let's chat.