cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old 3G $15 unlimited incoming minutes plan

smurfit
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is anyone still on this plan? Are the incoming calls limited to under 9min or something now? Lately almost every incoming call gets disconnected after about 9min or sometimes 15min or 18min. 

Strangely enough I can only get actual unlimited calls using an old flip phone. I have other family members on higher price plans that don't seem affected by this glitch/limitation.

7 REPLIES 7

smurfit
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think the dropped calls issue has been resolved now. Thanks to everyone who submitted tickets and put pressure on support to investigate.

LT_2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

dropped calls could be caused by 3G network issues and/or old phone technologies

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The old $15 plan has unlimited incoming calls, what you have is a dropped calls that many users have reported it recently. There is no announcement or solution to this problem till now.

flip phones don’t seem to be affected.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@smurfit 

There is an unlimited minutes for incoming calls and texting but 100 minutes for outgoing calls (rounded up) on the old 3G plan and 250mb of data. To minimize your outgoing calls...text your friends and family to call you.😉

The new $15 4G plan have unlimited minutes for calling and texting but no data.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @smurfit 

There are no time limits that you are able to chat on the phone. Well, except if you are the one making the outbound call then 100 minutes. But if it's an incoming call, you can talk for hours and hours. The issue is on Public Mobile's end. They have been dealing with dropped calls for about a month now. There is a section on this forum that Public Mobile shares information on called Announcements. Like @will13am mentioned, it would be great if they would share an update on this issue. You know...  a Communications company communicating with its customers. 

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There no limit for your calls other then your min. There a problem in the system at the moment and pm not telling us what it is and how long it going to take to fix. As for the flip phone it the only way at the moment not to get dropped calls as it only able to use 3g

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@smurfit , there are no official limits to the length of any phone call regardless of the rate plan.  I think there are huge ongoing issues affecting phone calls.  Calls appear to be dropping randomly.  It would be nice if someone could provide an official statement about what is going on.  

Need Help? Let's chat.