cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OLD number isn't activated

Munibamunir
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I need help, I was overseas and I didn't activate my account for past 6 months.  I bought  ew Public Mobile sim and would like to transfer my old number into this new sim please help. My account is deactivated and it doesn't log in neither sends any password reset links to my email. 

Thank you! 

6 REPLIES 6

Munibamunir
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi thank you for your reply! 

Yes, it has been 90 days and few more. I received an email on july 26th so oct 26th had completed 90 days.

I bought a new sim from pm. I was originally with chater mobile. I am still using my old number for my WhatsApp. 

In fact I am trying to activate the new sim and there's something wrong it gives error 821. 

I really need my number.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Munibamunir 

Your account is closed, SIM is dead and number lost is your account is not active for 6 months. 😭

You will need to pick a new number after activating your new SIM.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Munibamunir 

Was your old number originally a pm/koodo/telus phone number? If not it has been released back to the original provider when your account was canceled and deactivated after 90 days without payment.

If it was originally from the telus family try calling it to see if it's in service or not. If it is not in service then contact customer support and see if it's available to be assigned to your account. At that point you can activate your Sim card with a temporary phone number and contact the agent to have it assigned to your account.

toppy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Munibamunir accounts suspended for over 90 days will be permanently closed. You cannot get your old number.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Munibamunir  accounts suspended for over 90 days will be permanently closed.  Has that been 90 days yet? or you have been paying the account while you are gone?

you can message PM Support to confirm the account status. If the number was originally assigned by PM (or even Telus/Koodo), they might be able to get it back for you after you activate a new acocunt with a new number.  But that is strictly YMMV.   Message them and ask.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Munibamunir , have you been on autopay and keeping the account current?  If the account has been in suspension for 90 days, it gets deactivated.  

Need Help? Let's chat.