cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer

majidalavichafi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have tried to transfer my number from rogers today and It said the transfer was successful but when I tried calling. 

13 REPLIES 13

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@majidalavichafi wrote:

I have tried to transfer my number from rogers today and It said the transfer was successful but when I tried calling. 

@majidalavichafi  - your Rogers account needs be active for Public Mobile to successfully port in the phone number.

Was it active?

You were likely assigned a new Public Mobile number since the Rogers port failed or was unsuccessful.

We are all customers/members like you, so we do not have access to see or change your account in any way.

Only Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA) have access to your account.

You can submit a ticket here to help with the port:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.htmlbotId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml7MK2dvkmM37lFcEM7...

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

@majidalavichafi wrote:

I got back my number and my flatmate called me and it was working then I got a msg from public and they said your number is inactive so they changed it 

@majidalavichafi   I private message you the porting team  phone number earlier, check the Community inbox on the top right, envelope icon.

Check with them if you have gave them the correct information.  They will verify and can re-trigger the porting process.  Call and see what they say

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

majidalavichafi

I got back my number and my flatmate called me and it was working then I got a msg from public and they said your number is inactive so they changed it 

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It sounds like a partial port. Ask Rogers to re-initiate the port and leave your Rogers SIM in the phone to get the msg and reply back with a YES and then change the Public SIM into your phone while doing a reboot. 

Test outgoing/incoming calls and texts.

Airplane mode on and off toggle and test data access.

@majidalavichafi wrote:

I had my flatmate calling my number and it has changed without nothing from Rogers

did you meant number ported successfully already?

You an make outgoing calls without issue?

and incoming calls coming to your PM SIM?

majidalavichafi

I had my flatmate calling my number and it has changed without nothing from Rogers

@majidalavichafi   you have your Rogers SIM in a phone?

No worry, I will private message you a phone number.  You will talk to live person and they can give you the porting status and re-trigger the process and the text.  Check your Community inbox on the top right, envelope icon. 

majidalavichafi

I haven't received anything from Rogers after 3 hours 

@majidalavichafi wrote:

The successful message displayed on the activation or Self Serve website are not an indication of porting success.  It only means that the request has been received by Public Mobile and will be submitted to your old carrier.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@majidalavichafi wrote:

@majidalavichafi   You replied YES to Rogers' text?  If so,  reboot your phone with the PM SIM every 30 mins for an update.  Incoming calls should come through within 2 hours

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@majidalavichafi    How long ago did you activate?  Porting can take upto a couple of hours or more and you need to respond with a YES the transfer text you would have received from Rogers within 90 mins.

If you don't see the transfer complete within the next couple of hours try phoning the Telus porting # (sending via private message, check the envelope icon top right) and keep your Rogers account active until the transfer is completed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you leave the old SIM to confirm the transfer text? Any other services working? Calls in? Texts in/out? Internet browsing?

Need Help? Let's chat.